The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

17-0

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A positive game summary Mia vs Pitt

Frerotte: He did not play as bad as people are saying. He had very little help from his receivers. He can’t be blamed for both fumbles either. On one the center did not get the ball to him cleanly, and the other he had an unblocked defender on him right away. He threw several passes that were dropped. Some of the passes where not right on target but the receivers have to adjust and go to the ball.

Feeley: Feeley had his best night of the preseason. The majority of the passes that he threw were 5-15 yards, bat they were complete and moved the chains. His drives where also snake-bitten by fumbles. Linehan did not seem to be calling many deep plays for Feely. It’s tough to say who had the better night. Neither of them did anything to stand out.

Receivers: The veterans looked bad tonight. Mc Mickaels was missing blocks, had a fumble, and had 1 or 2 dropped balls. Chambers had a ball slightly under-thrown but should have hade the catch for good yardage. Welker looked good. Any time they let him play he made a difference. Unfortunately we lost Newsom. Boston looks like he is coming along.

O line: I think that they looked pretty good against one of the better defensive fronts in the NFL. The sack on Frerotte was Mc Michaels fault. The pocket tonight could have been a little better, but it was there. The run blocking was not there. Our starting O line did not get the push necessary to open up holes for the backs.

Sammy Morris: He had a good game. He had the best day of all the backs, and had a great open field tackle on a punt return. I would like to see him make the team.

Secondary: This was the second most improved part of the team. Even with 8 fumbles (7 turned over, and 1 recovered) they helped keep the game in reach. Bell and Howard looked very good. On more than one occasion B Rothlisberger had nothing down field, and had to throw for a short gain.

The D Line: This unit also looked improved. The pocket was being broken up quickly, and Ben R. was under pressure for most of his throws.

Special Teams: This was the most improved part of the team. We gave up no big plays. The tackling was solid. Wes Welker had another great night at returns, and Minor had a nice return and was in on some tackles.

There were a lot of mental mistakes. 8 fumbles is no way to win football games. The defense gave us the opportunity to stay in the game. With 8 fumbles the score could have been much worse. I hope that Saban keeps Frerotte as the starter and lets the starting offence start to build a rhythm. So many different people fumbled the ball it’s hard to single out one individual. The offence as a hole needs to focus more. We have the benefit of having a great receiving squad, these guys need to step up, and assist in determining who is the man for the starting QB position. Next week the coaches will start game-planning. I can't wait to see how they look.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im so excited about our D. As I has said before if we can score 20 points a game, we have the chance to win 10 games, eaisly.

Back
Top Bottom