The Good thing about jason allen starting..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Good thing about jason allen starting.....

It's taken J Allen until the end of preseason for the "light to come on" ... after he's been in the league for 4 years??? :confused: Yeah, right.

I think you are putting lipstick on a very ugly pig here. J Allen is only starting because S Smith has been so bad.

The light has been on the entire Training camp for the first time EVER. Better late than never. You could be right, but as bad as Smith has played, how much worse is Jason going to be? Guess Sunday is the first step in finding out. I'm rooting for the guy, he has taken alot of crap, and still has worked hard and continually made this team. That says alot to me about his work ethic and ability to make the best out of what hasn't been the most IDEAL situation as far as his status on the defense. Maybe he struggled with playbook, coverage, I don't know, fact is, he is still here and he has "potentially" earned the starting spot with Sean struggling . . . hope his offseason success translates to the regular season.

Well if he can't cover at least he can hit right?

thats what im saying, + i have been watching film on jason as a corner and the dude makes plays, someone mentioned the touchdown he gave up to health miller last year, i looked at that closely and j allen slipped on the play so thats why he gave up that td. I saw some plays where jason allen really looked like a great corner who is a playmaker with great great recovery speed. I'd like to think at this point this guy just might be vastly underrated.

thats what im saying, + i have been watching film on jason as a corner and the dude makes plays, someone mentioned the touchdown he gave up to health miller last year, i looked at that closely and j allen slipped on the play so thats why he gave up that td. I saw some plays where jason allen really looked like a great corner who is a playmaker with great great recovery speed. I'd like to think at this point this guy just might be vastly underrated.

Didn't Big Ben have like 7 seconds on that play lol, I mean if you get beat for a TD if the QB had 7 seconds, then the blame needs to go to that front 7. Even on the Roddy White TD, you are talking arguably a top 10 WR and a PERFECT route, Jason was right there but the throw was perfect. Hell you could even argue that he was supposed to have help on the play as he was playing the WR to take an outside route.

Let's not get it twisted though, keep Jason out of the slot . . . those quick shifty slot WR's give him fits, but on the outside, he may just be the 2nd best CB on this roster. I'm sure that terrifies the hell out of alot of people, but hopefully this isn't Nick Saban's Jason Allen . . . I'm ready for Mike Nolan's Jason Allen.

Back
Top Bottom