The Good thing about jason allen starting..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Good thing about jason allen starting.....

the good thing about jason allen starting is that sean smith isnt playing

Still think Sean will be a CB for the Phins long term. Jason Allen has defied the message boards, that's fo sure.

I believe this is just a tactic to motivate Sean Smith. If Jason Allen was good enough to start, he would have by now. He's a good back-up and a good special teams player. He was a waste of a 1st round pick and will probably be a career back-up. Smith will be back with the starters either by the Buffalo game or the following week at Minnesota. That's why they announced it this early. It gives Smith a chance to work his way back into the starting lineup. Why would the coaching staff tip their hand as to who is starting? And the hit wasn't that big of a deal. Looks like he got scared and went low at the last second. If he would have stayed high and hit him in the chest, he would have lit him up. Now, of course, if it were me I would have gotten scared and ran the other way. But I'm not an NFL player. Just sayin'.

It's not just that JA gets the start.... The staff must also feel pretty good about replacing JA's productivity on ST's.... At this point moves like this have nothing to do with motivation.... it's all about best chance to win today. There are so many packages in the NFL right now... opportunities abound for DB's.... this move is not over.

I'm not calling him a bonafide 2nd CB or anything but it's not the first time someone pops up from obscurity and delivers good play. However Smith and then the good Allen are probably manning that spot before long.

at least 2/3rds of this board wanted him cut so you aren't going to hear much praise for jallen climbing back to starter. partly justified cause smith failed, so far.

For Jason to really gain support, he needs to do it on Sunday's. He has been burnt and has also made plays, definitely not the worst CB we have ever had . . . in fact, a bit underrated with all the hate of his BUST status. The guy finally has his chance (not saying he hasn't had chances, but a chance WHILE he has been playing/practicing well) and I hope he succeeds. Is there a chance they dumped Will Allen not only because of the injury, but because they feel comfortable with Jason Allen as the #2, and then have a combo of Davis/Sapp in the nickel on 3 WR sets with Nolan Carroll sprinkled in as well as on kickoff returns.

Anything is possible, alot of this seems shaky, questions will be answered on Sunday.

Now .. what happens if JA gets burnt for a long TD? Do they put Smith in? And what if Smith gets burned for a long TD after taking JA's place? Mind boggling.

we all just need for sunday to come so there is not so many what if's flying around. There is a possibility that the light did come on and he might play well in mike nolan's system i do not have any idea all i do know is that the FO knows a hell of alot more than i do so i am going to let them do their jobs.

I never thought I'd see the day when Phinatics were happy Jason Allen was starting. Smith needs to get his head out of his @**.

I actually don't believe that Jason Allen is 'only' starting because Sean Smith is stinking up the joint that bad...no, I believe that Sean Smith has been playing so so..according to Sparano's own admission (as he's praised him for progressing...) but I believe that since the beginning of OTAs the coaching staff have noticed Jason Allen's impressive improvement and began to judge Smith's play on Allen's play.

I remember in an interview them talking about how Jason Allen looks more sure out there then previous years...Allen mentions how he finally doesn't feel like he has to think, but that it is coming as second nature to him, especially with Nolan's new defense being more fit for his style...and that he actually feels like the vet out there and is being a leader because of it...and this has impressed the coaching staff.

Last season Sean Smith didn't play all that better than he has in the preseason...I believe its just that they are judging his play on Jason Allen's improved play....JMO

And I don't believe we lose anything with Jason Allen, as he is also provides the tall and fast CB opposite Davis as Smith would...if anything, its better as he is more of a vet out there with Davis than it would be having 'two' second year guys...

Honestly Allen would take the PI over letting Adkins abuse him for 80yes and a td. Also atleast he will be in camera view for any double move or in cut. Smith was playing with ZERO confidence or swagger and this may break him.

Back
Top Bottom