The Great Josh Rosen Debate | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Great Josh Rosen Debate

If Miami is in a position to draft Tua next year they should draft him regardless of how Rosen looks.

If Tua has already been drafted and Hebert and/or Fromm are available and Rosen has performed well then it gets interesting.

You won't see me complain about getting good players.

It will be up to the coaches who will decide who plays and when. I'm happy just knowing we are getting better all the time. You can bet the other teams are!

Alfredo Arteaga... Wasnt that the guy who said he wouldnt like the Rosen trade even if he won us 10 superbowls?

I wonder what intelligible arguments he will make today?

That guy is a "tank" fan. Not sure how much credibility that glorified fan had before but he sure lost any credibility he might have had with his tweet. That is beyond an opinion. It's pure hate for a player.

Did they call him out on that tweet?

I really think he's a perfect fit for a New England type offense, that relies on quick decisions and getting the ball out fast to your playmakers. There will be some growing pains with the offensive line, but I think this coaching staff will fully commit to the running game. I don't think we'll see games where Miami has 10-12 total rushes. That commitment will help Rosen.

A great breakthrough in sports analysis is when you learn to greatly admire something that you don't agree with.

Keep in mind that the people who say no to this have a considerable built-in advantage. cbrad on the other site is among the few who understands this and points it out.

Odds are, Josh Rosen will not become an elite Super Bowl caliber quarterback. Therefore anyone objecting to him now will likely have reason to crow eventually. The standards applied are so ridiculously high on forums like this. Notice the abuse and doubt that Russell Wilson receives despite elite production throughout his life.

It would be simple to take that doubter side, under the smug knowledge that years from now or sooner I could proclaim correctness. Sons of Shula used to ridicule every coach on this staff. Easy way out. We weren't going to win anything of note with the roster we had. Therefore he could trot out a few screen captures and football lingo and assert worst in the league. It was amazing how many suckers went along with it.

But I am a firm yes on Rosen because I understand the immense value attached to this acquisition. His odds of top tier success aren't necessarily higher than other recent quarterbacks. But the price we paid was insanely low, to quote that annually terrific poster at the draft forum of footballsfuture.com, the post I linked a couple of days ago.

This is hardly a Tannehill situation of paying an obscene high price for a late blooming overaged guy who had never been great in his life, and just went 7-6 with a preseason #8 team that was favored in all but one game. Rosen has been considered top tier all along. If you make this type of move time and again regardless of name or position or subjective opinion you will come out so far ahead it will be a felonious life.

A great breakthrough in sports analysis is when you learn to greatly admire something that you don't agree with.

Keep in mind that the people who say no to this have a considerable built-in advantage. cbrad on the other site is among the few who understands this and points it out.

Odds are, Josh Rosen will not become an elite Super Bowl caliber quarterback. Therefore anyone objecting to him now will likely have reason to crow eventually. The standards applied are so ridiculously high on forums like this. Notice the abuse and doubt that Russell Wilson receives despite elite production throughout his life.

It would be simple to take that doubter side, under the smug knowledge that years from now or sooner I could proclaim correctness. Sons of Shula used to ridicule every coach on this staff. Easy way out. We weren't going to win anything of note with the roster we had. Therefore he could trot out a few screen captures and football lingo and assert worst in the league. It was amazing how many suckers went along with it.

But I am a firm yes on Rosen because I understand the immense value attached to this acquisition. His odds of top tier success aren't necessarily higher than other recent quarterbacks. But the price we paid was insanely low, to quote that annually terrific poster at the draft forum of footballsfuture.com, the post I linked a couple of days ago.

This is hardly a Tannehill situation of paying an obscene high price for a late blooming overaged guy who had never been great in his life, and just went 7-6 with a preseason #8 team that was favored in all but one game. Rosen has been considered top tier all along. If you make this type of move time and again regardless of name or position or subjective opinion you will come out so far ahead it will be a felonious life.

John Wooden used to put it as "disagreeing without being disagreeable" - I always liked that quote.

Acquisition is an A - don't think there is much merit to question that. The management of his status with the team, and decision-making based on how he develops is where we earn our stripes.

If I'm being an optimist, the low cost of acquisition will make it easier for us to move on from him, if that becomes necessary. A top 10 pick QB is likely to get much more leash, with one of the odd exceptions ironically being Josh Rosen.

Its not out of the realm off possibility for him to become the next Goff. Goff had a terrible rookie season and then turned it around. I don't understand disliking this trade. If he sucks we lose alot of games and end up with Tua or Love. We got another 2nd next year out of it and i don't think you can talk about the Rosen trade without talking about the precursor trade. We traded down with full knowledge that we were trading the 62 for Rosen, that means you have to grade both trades when you talk about getting Rosen

Its not out of the realm off possibility for him to become the next Goff. Goff had a terrible rookie season and then turned it around. I don't understand disliking this trade. If he sucks we lose alot of games and end up with Tua or Love. We got another 2nd next year out of it and i don't think you can talk about the Rosen trade without talking about the precursor trade. We traded down with full knowledge that we were trading the 62 for Rosen, that means you have to grade both trades when you talk about getting Rosen

Goff’s arm is not nearly the quality of Rosen.

Odds are, Josh Rosen will not become an elite Super Bowl caliber quarterback

If you make this type of move time and again regardless of name or position or subjective opinion you will come out so far ahead it will be a felonious life.

This is what most people who dont like the move overlook or simply dont understand. In general, people are bad with stats and probabilities and hate to lose. Makes it very hard to explain that, in some situations, you could win only 1 out of 10 times and still come out way ahead.

Back
Top Bottom