The Great Josh Rosen Debate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Great Josh Rosen Debate

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
5R196- Ethan and Chris welcome dissenting opinions on the Miami Dolphins' acquisition of Josh Rosen as we head into the minicamp phase of the Miami Dolphins offseason. 3 Yards Per Carry hosts Alfredo Arteaga and Five Reasons contributor Josh Houtz join to discuss the trade with the benefit of time and perspective. Ethan and Houtz line up on the pro side, while Chris and Alfredo line up on the against side. Plus, we discuss other things we're keeping an eye on this offseason.

https://fivereasons.podbean.com/e/the-great-josh-rosen-debate/

iTunes:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/five-reasons-sports-miami/id1336060206

Web:
https://www.fivereasonssports.com/south-florida-podcasts/five-reasons/

Alfredo Arteaga... Wasnt that the guy who said he wouldnt like the Rosen trade even if he won us 10 superbowls?

I wonder what intelligible arguments he will make today?
yup, nothing for me to listen there

I love the pro-active and low-risk approach in acquiring Rosen. Maybe a bit skeptical after his performance last year but I'm hoping for great improvement. It sure would be nice not to need a QB in the 2020 draft

This thing that Rosen would be the 5th QB coming out next year. Is like shaking a magic 8 ball, to find out if a girl likes you. 2 of them are under class men Love might be aswell I didn’t look to see. Fromm from what I hear has small hands,which could lower him on there board. And he’s a under class men so he could stay in school. And tua there have been reports that he promised to graduate from college.

At the end of the day, JH might be the only coming out. And what if he has a bad year, you want to rank him above Rosen then.

He's better be darn good as my Tannehill jerseys are for sale and my Rosen's are on order.....The End!!!!!

I’d wait to watch him play First! LOL

Look, we don’t know what he is yet. Some of the bad things he has shown are:

-Sometimes he stares down his receiver and doesn’t look off of him
-A lot of batted balls at the LOS
-Hasn’t show much ability to run when the opportunities are there
-Often gets locked on one receiver and doesn’t go through his progressions
-Hasn’t demonstrated he can function in a timing based offense

However, many of those things can be coached and he also has some decent strengths to build upon:

-Excellent throwing mechanics
-Above average arm strength and nice tight spirals
-Prefers the deep ball and is accurate when he finds the right receiver and has enough time to hit him
-He’s tough in the pocket, he will stand in there and take a hit.
-He’s used to playing behind crappy offensive lines at UCLA vs greater talent and at Arizona

With good coaching there are enough good attributes and natural talent for him to develop into a good QB and many of his weaknesses can be coached out of him.

But, we’ll see...

Alfredo doesn't even know that there aren't supposed to be two spaces after a punctuation mark. How can I possibly trust him with football analysis? :D

He's better be darn good as my Tannehill jerseys are for sale and my Rosen's are on order.....The End!!!!!
I won't do the same because of you guys, just couldn't bring myself to do it to you. If I buy his jersey he'll sure enough be off the team next year.

I’d wait to watch him play First! LOL

Look, we don’t know what he is yet. Some of the bad things he has shown are:

-Sometimes he stares down his receiver and doesn’t look off of him
-A lot of batted balls at the LOS
-Hasn’t show much ability to run when the opportunities are there
-Often gets locked on one receiver and doesn’t go through his progressions
-Hasn’t demonstrated he can function in a timing based offense

However, many of those things can be coached and he also has some decent strengths to build upon:

-Excellent throwing mechanics
-Above average arm strength and nice tight spirals
-Prefers the deep ball and is accurate when he finds the right receiver and has enough time to hit him
-He’s tough in the pocket, he will stand in there and take a hit.
-He’s used to playing behind crappy offensive lines at UCLA vs greater talent and at Arizona

With good coaching there are enough good attributes and natural talent for him to develop into a good QB and many of his weaknesses can be coached out of him.

But, we’ll see...

Two sides of the same coin?
1) -Hasn’t show much ability to run when the opportunities are there
2) -He’s tough in the pocket, he will stand in there and take a hit.

I'm sure this fits in here somewhere!

Two sides of the same coin?
1) -Hasn’t show much ability to run when the opportunities are there
2) -He’s tough in the pocket, he will stand in there and take a hit.

I'm sure this fits in here somewhere!

Lol yep.

From all of the YouTube video I have watched on him I will say that when he is successful with his throws, he looks elite. The velocity, accuracy, compact, efficient throwing motion and he really threads the needle. Now, the bad plays make you smack your forehead with the palm of your hand, but he’s a better prospect than Tannehill was imho, so there is plenty of talent there to work with, but he needs a lot of coaching and has a lot of weaknesses and bad habits that need to be coached out of him. He’s basically a prospect, and it’s unknown what he will become, but his ceiling is very high.

Lol yep.

From all of the YouTube video I have watched on him I will say that when he is successful with his throws, he looks elite. The velocity, accuracy, compact, efficient throwing motion and he really threads the needle. Now, the bad plays make you smack your forehead with the palm of your hand, but he’s a better prospect than Tannehill was imho, so there is plenty of talent there to work with, but he needs a lot of coaching and has a lot of weaknesses and bad habits that need to be coached out of him. He’s basically a prospect, and it’s unknown what he will become, but his ceiling is very high.

We may have found an honest to God "unpolished gem".

I am particularly happy he was discarded thru an abrupt "change in management", as opposed to poor play, since the new Cardinals coach told Rosen the change was because of what he wanted and nothing that Rosen had done.

Well, the front office seems to be doing things right:
1) We traded for a potential young franchise QB.
2) We showed exceptional skill in getting him for a minimal amount of money.
3) We maintained the second round draft pick we used in this trade, albeit for the 2020 season.
4) Sensible player selection that should benefit this team immediately and into the future.
5) Very selective free agency activity as opposed to throwing money at short term solutions with a higher probability of long term usage.

Now is the time for the coaching staff to step up.
1) Get their new team functional as quickly as possible.
2) Develop Rosen to the point that he becomes the franchise QB we have wanted for so long.
3) Give the fans an exciting team that shows its worth in each and every game.

Getting Rosen may be the milestone every Dolphins fan keeps wanting and complaining bitterly how wrong management is at all levels in achieving it.

I am tired of the hyperbolae of the Lemmings who complain to no end that the sky is falling. Dolphins fans, open your eyes and watch this season unfold. This new group of management, staff and players just might be what we've been waiting for and I suspect that a portion of the posters here won't see any of it until after it a finished accomplishment. When that happens I don't want to hear from the naysayers chiming in with I was with the team all the way when we won. No, you were complaining about the team all along the journey until you switched sides at the end.

The path to victory is much more important in sports then the victory itself. It's the measure of each player striving against others and relying on their training and coaching guidance to get past adversity, deal with defeat and never quit until they get that victory. Those who don't know this should switch to big time wrestling. It can be just the spot for your complaints to be heeded with immediate responses.

If Miami is in a position to draft Tua next year they should draft him regardless of how Rosen looks.

If Tua has already been drafted and Hebert and/or Fromm are available and Rosen has performed well then it gets interesting.

Back
Top Bottom