The Great QB class of '03 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Great QB class of '03

By no means do I think Rex should be blamed for the loss, the better team won. This thread is about Rex making the jump to the NFL. An NFL defense is 20 times harder to play than the game he had last Sat. Wrs are always covered and their is always a d-lineman in your face. You watch tape of players like Carr, Harrington, Peyton Manning, and Tim Couch from college and they just don't lock on WRs nor do they short arm passes or shy away from contact.

We'll see what happens in this new system....If he puts up numbers similar to last season..... then he will be worthy of a first round grade just for showing that he is not just another product of Spurrier's system....if he plays like he did against Miami for the rest of the season then, you're right, he needs to look for a job bagging groceries somewhere but I don't think you can say he's not ready off of this one performance. Even in the NFL, it will be rare when he is treated as roughly as he was against the Canes.

I am not trying to bust your balls infinsable i just like that someone is actully active in this forum. I think Rex has the talent for the NFL, but i think he should do himself a favor and stay for his senior year.

LOL.....not to worry...I'm thick skinned anyway......i just think that grossman has shown too much to dismiss him off that one performance.....You may be right though....we'll see. :D

Leftwich was always #1 of this QB class with Grossman a close #2, well it's obvious he's fallen off a bit, so far that he's now behind Ragone. Dorsey was never a first round prospect, his lacks the arm strength. The wildcards of the class are Chris Simms & Carson Palmer, they could go in the 1st, or fall to the 4th. I like Palmer more than the others, but you dont hear much about him because he plays for USC & has had few weapons in his years there.

Grossman, Manning, Clausen, & Rivers should all stay in college.

Originally posted by SMadison29

Grossman, Manning, Clausen, & Rivers should all stay in college.

That would make the 2004 class as good or better than the 2003 class.....which would be perfect for us since it would give us a chance to really evaluate Rosenfels at the same time we prepare to defend our Championship in 2003 ( ;) ).....then if things don't look good with Sage we can try to land one of the decent QB prospects with our 1st round draft pick in 2004 instead of a 2nd in 2003.....
Key: Fiedler continuing to play well.....that almost goes without saying but we have a ...

Wildcard: If Sage shows that he's all Fiedler is and with a stronger arm....we already have our QB of the future.

This is not just a dream either, there are a few around the league that think Superior gave up the wrong guy.....so he could actually pan out.

I guess Grossman showed a little more worth in the Tennessee game.....;)

Dispite a win i still saw Rex makeing the same mistakes. He locks on to his wrs and he feels the hit before it happens making him short arm balls, throw off his back foot, or not follow thru. Right now the whole class seemed to be overated comming in to the year, but we will see during the senior games and combine.

Back
Top Bottom