The Great QB class of '03 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Great QB class of '03

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Took a major hit tonight. Dorsey and Grossman were thought to be right after Leftwitch and Ragone, but still top 15 draft material, but i would have to think that changed big time tonight. Dorsey does not have a pretty pass, and makes many bad descions. He reminded me alot of Vinny T when he was at UM. One pass he looks like a superstar, and the next he looks like Ryan Leaf. He also needs to work on putting touch on his passes when need be, and he looked horible when he had to move out of the pocket. On the postive he has great pocket awareness and pressence. Grossman just can't leave UF early, and I hope he realizes that before the season is over. I can't name all his flaws, but mainly it is just lack of expeirence. Although i think Grossman could go in the first round in 2004 i could not justify taking either of these QBs before the 3rd round in 2003.

thats a little dramatic, dorsey is 28-1 as a starter and threw 4 tds tonight even though those few bad passes.... you really know how to make things negative......

Like every quarterback, they are allowed to have a bad game... fourtunately, he won... no, we KICKED ASS!

Originally posted by Dol_Fan5434
thats a little dramatic, dorsey is 28-1 as a starter and threw 4 tds tonight even though those few bad passes.... you really know how to make things negative......

Negative! I didn't realize this was a Hurricane homer site as well as a homer dolphin site. When did negative and truthfull get all mixed up and smushed together to mean one thing at this web site? If you could honestly look at his performance tonight and say he is ready for the NFL your knowledge of football is not very strong. He seems to have a quark in his delivery that is why about half his passes tend to look more like ducks then spirals. The other thing that stuck out like a sore thumb tonight was he made some bad descions under preasure, it was something Dorsey has not dealt with before tonight and many were very curious how he would react. Players like Harrington and Carr who get first round grades don't have these glarring weaknesses, and are closer to being ready to deal with the much quicker NFL. If you think i am being negative, and have no idea what i am talking about please go to espn.com and ask any of their experts in their weekly chats if i was off base in my comments.

sorry fellas but i have to agree with Dajesus on this, they both looked suspect tonight. Go Dolphins

Sorry Fellas..this is only their 2nd games of the season and first major one of the year..the nfl has preseason to get sharp. in college the games are preseason..later both these guys will be sharp and you'll forget all about this game..they weren't great tonight...but as the season go by and about the 4th game you will see a difference.

Dorsey was never a likely 1st round pick, nothing he did tonight changed that. Grossman was a likely 1st round pick, if he comes out after early he still goes in the first. The idea that Grossman would go in the third if he comes out early is ridiculous.

almost as ridiculous as the Grossman that played tonight would consider leaving early. Honestly if he doens't improve greatly he would not get a first round grade, and you have to remember he is a smaller prospect at 6'1'', witch will put more preasure on him to be that much better than everyone else. This is a make or break season for both qbs due to alot of talent on both offenses playing in the nfl now. Look at Drew Brees he graded very high in pocket pressence, awareness, accuracy, and fairly high at arm strength but his height at 6' kept him from going in round 1.

PS he has to more games that the pros will look at when gradeing him, Tenn and Fla St. He has to get a lot better in both of those games to even have a shot at the first round. And by the way Dorsey was one of 3 senior qbs that had a preseason grade of a 6 by the scouts(article was in espn i posted it here a few months ago.) 6 is usually the grade needed to be a 1st round qb. Brees's final grade was a 5.89.

984, He is 21-1 as a starter mainly because of all the great talent around him. And that is why Jay Fiedler is 22-10 as a started, great talent around him. 4 td passes, you forgot to mention the 3 INTs. With every Qb including Jay you base their talent on win record. Dorsey had a bad game just admit it.

Originally posted by dolfan06
these are preseason games for the college's, warm ups before they start conference!

That is a cop out! He had spring practice, 4 weeks of two a days and last week to warm up. An NFL player only sees more than 2 series in 1 preseason game just like Dorsey got last week.

My observations in the game were that Dorsey had alot more open receivers and time to throw. Jerome McDougal, the DE for Miami, was all over Grossman the whole game. He was throwing the timing off on nearly every play, making Grossman throw before he wanted to and to receivers that were being blanketed by Miami's DBs. Between McDougal and the canes DBs, I bet there is not a QB in college that would have looked any better than Grossman did last night.

Originally posted by inFINSible
My observations in the game were that Dorsey had alot more open receivers and time to throw. Jerome McDougal, the DE for Miami, was all over Grossman the whole game. He was throwing the timing off on nearly every play, making Grossman throw before he wanted to and to receivers that were being blanketed by Miami's DBs. Between McDougal and the canes DBs, I bet there is not a QB in college that would have looked any better than Grossman did last night.

The Canes were in the backfeild, but Grossman was hanging on the ball to long to let the 3 to 4 UM pass rushers to get in his face. A NFL QB has to deal with preasure almost every play, and has to learn to get rid of the ball in 3 seconds. I don't think Rex won't get there, but if i was his future agent i would tell him to stay for his senior year.

How is he supposed to get rid of the ball quickly when his receivers are being blanketed.....I never saw a pass all day where a Florida receiver was running free from coverage....He had to hang onto the ball to see if someone could work free....He couldn't throw it away EVERY play.....
Anyway....you can blame the loss on alot of things but Grossman wasn't one of them.....He was tough and he stood in there as long as he could....I know he started to short arm his throws later in the game but give the man some credit for playing hard even from the eye of the hurricane that was engulfing him.....
Like I said in my original statement ...there isn't a college QB in the country that would have looked any better than Grossman against the Canes on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom