The Great Quarterback Debate | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Great Quarterback Debate

It’s amazing Tua has gone from top overall pick to “never play again” to “he’ll be available in the 3rd round because of the injury” to now he’s going to take a top 3 pick to nab. Damn.

sadly, you're right. Based on no evidence, I suspect there is a correlation between if a poster wanted Tua last Aug or not.
OTOH, I think many here are in the 'let's wait for spring and more complete medical reports' camp

I like fitzmagic over everyone on the trade and FA lists
Fitzpatrick is nothing but a career backup who can play well for short periods of time. Every single veteran QB on those lists are better than Fitzpatrick. Miami should go with Rosen next year and Fitzpatrick should be nothing but a mentor backup.

Probably right. But these kids have youth on their side and usually get a pass from me. The older I get, the more I understand why you can bounce back at 22-23. If he’s available at whatever slot we pick, I’m taking him.
I think he will be a Miami Dolphin. Rumors now that Miami is exploring moving up with Washington for that #2 pick.

Landing Brady or Cam would be great.
I don't know how much Brady has left. I guess if it's a short-term deal you've got to at least look into the possibility. I think Brady would have made more sense if the Dolphins stuck with O'Shea, though.

I love Newton as a player. He has been one of the better quarterbacks in the NFL for at least a few seasons. Have to see where he is with the injury, what the cost would be, and whether his personality would fit. Has always struck me as immature and a me first guy.

IMO Tua/Herbert are the only QB options on the table. If neither are available, we roll with Fitzpatrick/Rosen for another year and try again in 2021. In a complete rebuild trading picks to accelerate the process is a gamble...do you get RGIII or do you get Mahomes? I see a zero percent chance we go the FA route for a starting QB. I like Dak, but if he can’t make the playoffs with Cooper, Zeke, Gallop and their OL I don’t see him having success in Miami.

Rumors are just that, tis the season...

Deck the forum with thoughts of rumours
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la
'Tis the season to be guessing
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la Don't disregard any wolf in sheep's apparel Fa-la-la, la-la-la, la-la-la.
Troll the ancient web blog carols
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la.

See the blazing draft before us.
Strike the trade and join the [name your QB] chorus.

Back
Top Bottom