The Great Quarterback Debate | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Great Quarterback Debate

Wouldn't be my first choice, but he has been a proven producer and is just 30 I believe. Saying that, I don't think Miami will go the trade route and I don't think Newton would be someone Flores would want.
He looks finished though. He can't really run anymore and his arm looked washed even before he got hurt. He's not the same dude.

He looks finished though. He can't really run anymore and his arm looked washed even before he got hurt. He's not the same dude.
You may be right. I didn't see him play at all last year and if Carolina is willing to go in another direction that says a lot.

There's such a huge difference in cap space between having a rookie QB starting for your team as opposed to signing a vet... It could be a much as a 60M per swing, I dont know how you justify that TBH...

We don't know what FA is going to bring to other teams yet. For now, sit tight at 5 and see what shakes. I think we shouldn't trade up, and we certainly should not make a move up, prior to the FA period. That's just foolish.

Last edited:
Probably right. But these kids have youth on their side and usually get a pass from me. The older I get, the more I understand why you can bounce back at 22-23. If he’s available at whatever slot we pick, I’m taking him.
Sometimes u can bounce back. but them 300 pounds dt are no jokes in nfl.. after couple hit by them u be back square one..

He hasn’t been the same since he jumped away from the fumble in the SB down by 6 late.

Rivers will hit FA...

I still think thats a good QB right here, but he pressed unnecessarily way too much last year and hurt his team. That Chargers team underperformed and he was part of the reason why, in addition to stuff like injuries and head scratching game management late in games.

Like most of us, I want to go young at QB . . . But I have to imagine Miami would at minimum entertain the idea being there is no compensation involved, just salary.

I think if there are 5 finalist teams, Miami is one of those teams.

I still think thats a good QB right here, but he pressed unnecessarily way too much last year and hurt his team. That Chargers team underperformed and he was part of the reason why, in addition to stuff like injuries and head scratching game management late in games.

Like most of us, I want to go young at QB . . . But I have to imagine Miami would at minimum entertain the idea being there is no compensation involved, just salary.

Rivers still has a couple years left imo, it really depends what he wants to accomplish with those years. Not sure he'd want to go to a rebuild. I cant see Miami punting QB till next year in this draft, so it might be a hard sell to Rivers who might not want to have a rookie breathing down his neck and a fanbase chanting the backup's name after every INT... But I agree, Rivers is still a good QB.
Really not sure he'll draw much interest. Maybe the Colts?
Maybe Oakland too? Gruden seems to like the older guys... Really no idea but worst QBs have found work in this league, Im pretty certan Rivers will get a decent last contract.

I am not advocating this as choice 1a or anything, but I am intrigued by James Morgan QB FIU.
Those sound like pretty good PRO's to me(see article link below)...Don't trade up for an injured player, likely we aren't getting Burrow.
So the question becomes: How does Morgan compare to Eason, Love and Herbert? If there's not much difference, trade down from 5, add more picks, build the team, snag Morgan even late 1st/early 2nd and roll. I think the key for Flores is going to be processing; he wants someone who can make a fast decision(a la Brady), get the ball out accurately. So Morgan had some drop off his senior year...so did Marino. Find out why. Word from Daniel Jeremiah was that Morgan was the best interview of the Week at East/West Shrine.
Like I said, I am not banging the drum for this guy to be "the Guy"...but I am VERY intrigued by him. Draft him then flip Rosen for whatever you can get if you have to risk your whole draft to jump up 2 friggin' spots for Tua.

I am not advocating this as choice 1a or anything, but I am intrigued by James Morgan QB FIU.
Those sound like pretty good PRO's to me(see article link below)...Don't trade up for an injured player, likely we aren't getting Burrow.
So the question becomes: How does Morgan compare to Eason, Love and Herbert? If there's not much difference, trade down from 5, add more picks, build the team, snag Morgan even late 1st/early 2nd and roll. I think the key for Flores is going to be processing; he wants someone who can make a fast decision(a la Brady), get the ball out accurately. So Morgan had some drop off his senior year...so did Marino. Find out why. Word from Daniel Jeremiah was that Morgan was the best interview of the Week at East/West Shrine.
Like I said, I am not banging the drum for this guy to be "the Guy"...but I am VERY intrigued by him. Draft him then flip Rosen for whatever you can get if you have to risk your whole draft to jump up 2 friggin' spots for Tua.

I know ZERO about Morgan, but I'll give my .02. Part of any negotiation is determining cost vs value. In this case (example only), if Miami rates Morgan (or any QB) even or just below Herbert, the next question is 'should we take Herbert at #5 vs a near identical player at #26' and gain value at $5? That example has no connection to reality - merely inserting a consideration anyone in a negotiation has to make.

I think people would be surprised at how highly I rate James Morgan. I was telling Tannenbombs via pm in the weeks leading up to the Shrine Game that Morgan was my #3 Senior quarterback and he was going to be the best quarterback there that week. The others simply weren't going to be on his level - In fact, most of the guys that were invited to the Senior Bowl aren't either.

It's not going to surprise me at all if he's one of the best Senior QB's from this class.

I would pass on Rivers.

Back
Top Bottom