- May 5, 2010
- Reaction score
- Fort Worth, TX
You switch QBs and that game is a blowout in San Francisco's favor.I know here in the Bay Area the Patrick Mahomes debate has come up quite often. The 49ers took Soloman Thomas at #2 overall and he's been close to a bust. Switch quarterbacks in the super bowl and I think SF wins it.
I agree. I'd go one step further in that KC wouldn't have made it to the super bowl. I'm not trying to diss Jimmy G. He actually had some nice games down the stretch for them (NO and Seattle), but he's just not Pat Mahomes.You switch QBs and that game is a blowout in San Francisco's favor.
bottom line is Jimmy G.. made it to SB. Good or bad he took 49ers to Sb.. we have not been to SB in 35 yr..49ers might get another chance..their windows is now.I agree. I'd go one step further in that KC wouldn't have made it to the super bowl. I'm not trying to diss Jimmy G. He actually had some nice games down the stretch for them (NO and Seattle), but he's just not Pat Mahomes.
I would agree with you in terms of leadership. Rosen just hasn't resonated with the locker rooms in UCLA, Arizona or Miami ... and that makes it hard for him to get over the hump. He has the physical and intellectual talent ... but if he can't command leadership from the room of lions that is the NFL huddle, he is going to have a lot of trouble getting over the hump.Miami has consistently talked about leadership from the quarterback position. I think that is why Josh Rosen isn't considered a viable option, unless this is the best smoke screen ever.
As a fan, it's hard to know where these guys are in terms of intangibles, but you hear good things about Tua, Burrow, Fromm and Hurts in that regard. I don't where Eason or Love fall in terms of leadership and other intangibles.
I agree with you that there will be a surprise. I think it could be Fromm because he likely goes a little later and maybe to a team where he doesn't have to start right away (NE, NO seem like absolute perfect spots). I'm sure if Love ends up in New Orleans, which I've seen in a lot of recent mocks, he could be fantastic in that system.
If Mahomes was added to SF they'd be undefeated lol.I know here in the Bay Area the Patrick Mahomes debate has come up quite often. The 49ers took Soloman Thomas at #2 overall and he's been close to a bust. Switch quarterbacks in the super bowl and I think SF wins it.
I get your point, but I remember reading years ago, I think the QB was Steve Young, Farve, someone in there, they were very timid their 1st to years as a starter. Went so far as to answer a OLman's comments in the huddle with "yes sir." It was the 3rd year before they were able to stand up to teammates. The point is obvious. Rosen may never get it. He may to have the leadership gene. But no firm opinion can be made yet.I would agree with you in terms of leadership. Rosen just hasn't resonated with the locker rooms in UCLA, Arizona or Miami ... and that makes it hard for him to get over the hump. He has the physical and intellectual talent ... but if he can't command leadership from the room of lions that is the NFL huddle, he is going to have a lot of trouble getting over the hump.
Tua, Fromm, Burrow, all known for their leadership and they have the accuracy to translate those skills to an NFL platform. Hurts is more of a dual-threat guy, so how he does may depend a great deal on how he is able to handle the passing game transition because the NFL can be very cruel. But if he can become a Lamar-Jackson type of player, I'm sure his team will follow him into battle. NFL players smell fear, and they are unforgiving. The rest of the guys like Eason aren't quite as good leaders as the Tua's and Fromm's at the top. But, if Eason puts in the work and maximizes his talent, he'll be elite and have zero trouble leading a locker room ... he's a very well liked guy and he is a leader, just not quite as much as those guys.
I feel like the Chargers need a "splash" move to build a non-existent fan base in Los Angeles. For that reason, I could see them pursuing Tom Brady. Hard to imagine him leaving New England, but the Chargers have playoff type talent.There are some very interesting dominoes to fall in the next couple of weeks as we get close to FA.
- Brady to NE, LV or LAC imo.
- Since the dust settled on Tanny's season, has he lost a bit of leverage, can the Titans afford both him and Henry ? If he doesn't return, LAC, IND or CAR.
- Can't believe Brees won't return but if not where do NO go, Hill or Bridgewater or someone else.
- Does Dallas get DAk done, all these Brady rumours are part of the bargaining process in my mind there, don't think they are ready to move on from Dak really, just trying to drive the price down.
- For Carolina, I do believe they will run with Newton this year, Matt Rhule has this weird thing where his first season totally sucks, but he then follows that with an amazing bounce back year, wonder if they are preparing banking on taking a college QB that plays for a college in their home state, very high in next year's draft.
- What are LAC going to do ? They are very much the city's 2nd team barely filling out a stadium half the size of the one they are moving to, they need Brady more than anyone and may give him an offer he can't refuse, if not is Tua or Herbert or Love really going to sell seats there in tinsel town ?
- If Brady ends up in LV, then where does Carr go ? In the other direction to Brady would be a logical point until you factor in his stats when he plays in bad weather.
- If Brady has gone elsewhere, where do NE go ? Bridgewater may be the perfect fit in my view, hey could try to solve it through the draft but not sutre how much appetite an aging Bellicheat will have for that route.
- What do the Bucs do with Winston ? Can Arians possibly fix him, is he worth the money they will have to pay for him ?
I hugely doubt we will be in the market for any of these guys, especially with Fitz coming back. Best thing for us though is that Carolina and LAC resolve their situations, so they are not a threat come draft day. Would love to see Brady to LAC and Carolina to bring in Rivers to compete with Newton. Brees, signing on for another year, LV to sgive Carr a huge extension, Bridgewater going to NE and Dak and Winston both resigning. The only team therefore that would be logical homes for first round QBs that hasn't resolved their short term is the Colts, but doubt they are the type to move up as far as they would have to, to jump us.