The Great Quarterback Debate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Great Quarterback Debate

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
It's rumor season in the NFL. Some have merit, some don't. But, one thing looks for certain the Miami Dolphins need a quarterback of the future, unless you think Josh Rosen is the answer. A little closer look at possibilities.

Free Agents (partial list)
Prescott
Brady
Brees
Bridgewater
Tannehill

Rumor is that Dallas is seriously considering trading Prescott and signing Brady. Apparently, Prescott has already turned down $33 million per year. He's interesting. Would the Dolphins anti-up and what would it take? Personally, I think the Cowboys end up signing Prescott. I still think Brady ends up in New England, but the LA Chargers rumors keep persisting there. Although you have to admire the fact that he wins, I don't think Bridgewater moves the needle enough. Brees isn't leaving New Orleans.

Trades
Newton
Trubisky
Dalton
Carr

Not much out there in the way of trades. Newton, minus the personality, might be worth pursuing depending on the cost. Carr to New England rumors are interesting. I think with his dink and dunk approach he could be a perfect fit there. Not a fan of Trubisky or Dalton.

Draft
Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Love
Fromm
Others

The draft is where it's at. Lots of rumors lately about Burrow perhaps not wanting to play in Cincinnati and Stephen Ross being interested. Tua to Miami has been rumored for more than a year. Herbert's stock appears to be rising after the Senior Bowl. Love is drawing some comparisons to Patrick Mahomes. Fromm is somewhat the forgotten man.

Most likely, the Dolphins would have to trade up for Tua. If they stand pat, there's also the possibility that teams jump them for Herbert. The Raiders, Chargers and Panthers are a few teams that could be looking to trade up for a quarterback.

It's rumor season in the NFL. Some have merit, some don't. But, one thing looks for certain the Miami Dolphins need a quarterback of the future, unless you think Josh Rosen is the answer. A little closer look at possibilities.

Prescott
Brady
Brees
Bridgewater
Tannehill

Rumor is that Dallas is seriously considering trading Prescott and signing Brady. Apparently, Prescott has already turned down $33 million per year. He's interesting. Would the Dolphins anti-up and what would it take? Personally, I think the Cowboys end up signing Prescott. I still think Brady ends up in New England, but the LA Chargers rumors keep persisting there. Although you have to admire the fact that he wins, I don't think Bridgewater moves the needle enough. Brees isn't leaving New Orleans.

Trades
Newton
Trubisky
Dalton
Carr

Not much out there in the way of trades. Newton, minus the personality, might be worth pursuing depending on the cost. Carr to New England rumors are interesting. I think with his dink and dunk approach he could be a perfect fit there. Not a fan of Trubisky or Dalton.

Draft
Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Love
Fromm
Others

The draft is where it's at. Lots of rumors lately about Burrow perhaps not wanting to play in Cincinnati and Stephen Ross being interested. Tua to Miami has been rumored for more than a year. Herbert's stock appears to be rising after the Senior Bowl. Love is drawing some comparisons to Patrick Mahomes. Fromm is somewhat the forgotten man.

Most likely, the Dolphins would have to trade up for Tua. If they stand pat, there's also the possibility that teams jump them for Herbert. The Raiders, Chargers and Panthers are a few teams that could be looking to trade up for a quarterback.

No to any FA QB.
No to a trade for a QB.
Logistically, the WORST thing Miami can do is make it apparent Tua is their guy. Massive loss of leverage.

I think that's too big of a risk. But, it would allow the team an entire season to fix the offensive line and put talent around the quarterback position.

A risk.....lol.

gotta love everyone gearing up for a title run next year.

I’m not forcing any decisions because my owner is 80.

I’m trying to build a power house roster that will compete for a decade.

heck a part of me wouldn’t mind seeing a work stoppage in 2020 so that NO ONE wins the SB next year.

So many people ready to jump off a bridge if we don’t get a new “franchise” QB.

Lol.

I’m ready to trade down and take more picks while other people take the risks.

Doing what SF just did is going to be easier than trying to be the Chiefs.

Last edited:

Prescott
Brady
Brees
Bridgewater
Tannehill

Trades
Newton
Trubisky
Dalton
Carr

Draft
Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Love
Fromm
Others

It’s amazing Tua has gone from top overall pick to “never play again” to “he’ll be available in the 3rd round because of the injury” to now he’s going to take a top 3 pick to nab. Damn.

A risk.....lol.

gotta love everyone gearing up for a title run next year.

I’m not forcing any decisions because my owner is 80.

I’m trying to build a power house roster that will compete for a decade.

heck a part of me wouldn’t mind seeing a work stoppage in 2020 so that NO ONE wins the SB next year.

So many people ready to jump off a bridge is we don’t get a new “franchise” QB.

Lol.

I’m ready to trade down and take more picks while other people take the risks.

Doing what SF just did is going to be easier than trying to be the Chiefs.
Not expecting super bowl, but I think around .500 is very possible. That's the risk. That the team will be out if range for Lawrence, Fields etc.

It’s amazing Tua has gone from top overall pick to “never play again” to “he’ll be available in the 3rd round because of the injury” to now he’s going to take a top 3 pick to nab. Damn.
It's a tough one because I don't know enough about the injury. At first, I think everyone visualized Bo Jackson and started writing Tua off.

No to any FA QB.
No to a trade for a QB.
Logistically, the WORST thing Miami can do is make it apparent Tua is their guy. Massive loss of leverage.
I think it's already too late no? I mean the owner is talking quarterback, no one on the front office is denying the interest in quarterbacks.

Could it be a sham? I think the need is just so obvious.

Boy is it going to be fun watching Dak Prescott throwing hissy fits when he is unable to get a contract to his liking. $33M per year, is an aweful lot of $%$#$% MONEY!!!

It's a tough one because I don't know enough about the injury. At first, I think everyone visualized Bo Jackson and started writing Tua off.
Probably right. But these kids have youth on their side and usually get a pass from me. The older I get, the more I understand why you can bounce back at 22-23. If he’s available at whatever slot we pick, I’m taking him.

Back
Top Bottom