The Hell with that draft pick. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Hell with that draft pick.

Kudos OP. This is legitimately the first game I'm rooting for Miami to win this year. F*** the draft order, end the dynasty (keeping them from the bye does that, they're not good enough to win back to back road games), show FAs what your building, keep it rolling.

To win in foxboro in a game they have to have, with this group of semi-pros, speaks volumes.

Yeah a history of the draft does nothing for me, It pertains to the prospects in this draft in no way whatsoever.. That and if you give me a history of successful QB's from so and so school doesn't matter to me either.

I think most anybody would say its Burrow and Tua that have showed superstar potential the other guys not so much If we can manage to get either i think you pay the price to get the QB

history shows the chance of hitting a franchise qb after the consensus top qb pick is off the board are slim and barely any of those qbs on the list had success or are even their teams starters anymore or even in the league...of course you never know, tua might translate to the nfl or he could be like most alabama qbs

alabamas been one of the best programs in college since saban started there and not one qb has gone onto success in the nfl and most have not even been drafted...while the players around the qb pretty much all get drafted...

i wouldnt be mad if we used one of our last 2 first rounders on a qb if thats what happens but im not taking tua at pick 5, no way in hell...

They are not smart just a really bad team and Burrow will do little for them.
I agree i honestly am not a huge Burrow fan but that team has more talent on that roster then being able to win 1 game. Either Zac Taylor is trash or Geno Atkins,Joe Mixon, Tyler Boyd forgot how to play.

Well, win or lose, seems like this may be the end of the line for the Patriots double dynasty. I can't see them advancing to the superbowl with the Ravens and Chiefs likely in their way.

history shows the chance of hitting a franchise qb after the consensus top qb pick is off the board are slim and barely any of those qbs on the list had success or are even their teams starters anymore or even in the league...of course you never know, tua might translate to the nfl or he could be like most alabama qbs

alabamas been one of the best programs in college since saban started there and not one qb has gone onto success in the nfl and most have not even been drafted...while the players around the qb pretty much all get drafted...

i wouldnt be mad if we used one of our last 2 first rounders on a qb if thats what happens but im not taking tua at pick 5, no way in hell...

Literally did both things i mentioned in the next response, I don't need a list of successful Bama QB's or history of first round busts to overrule what i can see with my own eyes is all im saying. Kid can read the field better then nearly any QB i have seen any college QB before, He has natural pocket presence, laser accuracy, and is just frankly looking NFL ready from day 1 sans the injury.

Well, win or lose, seems like this may be the end of the line for the Patriots double dynasty. I can't see them advancing to the superbowl with the Ravens and Chiefs likely in their way.
I highly doubt they beat baltimore, they may beat the chiefs but I really think the superbowl is gonna be Chiefs Saints this year, But Tom Brady in the playoffs you can really never discount unfortunately.

Literally did both things i mentioned in the next response, I don't need a list of successful Bama QB's or history of first round busts to overrule what i can see with my own eyes is all im saying. Kid can read the field better then nearly any QB i have seen any college QB before, He has natural pocket presence, laser accuracy, and is just frankly looking NFL ready from day 1 sans the injury.

his pocket presence and laser accuracy literally does you no good if he cant stay on the field...i get that you like tua but your eye test means nothing when your eye test probably saw the same thing about half the 1st rounders years ago on the list i posted

theres definitely some talent there but injury history and being the qb on an annually stacked alabama team wouldnt have me taking him anywhere in the first round, its odd that alabamas almost always a top team in ncaa and practically the whole team gets drafted except for the qbs...julio jones, amari cooper, calvin ridley...eddie lacy, tj yeldon, mark ingrahm, derrick henry, josh jacobs...

im just very very skeptical about tua but if hes the pick ill hope for the best obviously

this team needs true talent and playmakers at many different positions, if theyre not 100% sold on any qb after Burrows take BPA with all 3 1st rounders, take a qb in rnd 2 or 3 if you feel thats the best choice at the pick but people reach on qbs all the time in the 1st round and it rarely pans out...

heres a list of qbs taken in the first round in the span of a decade...

2016:

1. Jared Goff, California, Rams

2. Carson Wentz, North Dakota State, Eagles

26. Paxton Lynch, Memphis, Broncos

___

2015:

1. Jameis Winston, Florida State, Buccaneers

2. Marcus Mariota, Oregon, Titans

___

2014:

3. Blake Bortles, Central Florida, Jaguars

22. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M, Browns

32. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville, Vikings

___

2013:

16. EJ Manuel, Florida State, Bills

___

2012:

1. Andrew Luck, Stanford, Colts

2. Robert Griffin III, Baylor, Redskins

8. Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M, Dolphins

22. Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State, Browns

___

2011:

1. Cam Newton, Auburn, Panthers

8. Jake Locker, Washington, Titans

10. Blaine Gabbert, Missouri, Jaguars

12. Christian Ponder, Florida State, Vikings

___

2010:

1. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma, Rams

25. Tim Tebow, Florida, Broncos

___

2009:

1. Matthew Stafford, Georgia, Lions

5. Mark Sanchez, USC, Jets

17. Josh Freeman, Kansas State, Buccaneers

___

2008:

3. Matt Ryan, Boston College, Falcons

18. Joe Flacco, Delaware, Ravens

___

2007:

1. JaMarcus Russell, LSU, Raiders

22. Brady Quinn, Notre Dame, Browns

___

2006:

3. Vince Young, Texas, Titans

10. Matt Leinart, USC, Cardinals

11. Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt, Broncos

A lot of these guys were looking like a sure thing of having at least one SB ring in their careers. That list is looking pretty pathetic now

Kudos OP. This is legitimately the first game I'm rooting for Miami to win this year. F*** the draft order, end the dynasty (keeping them from the bye does that, they're not good enough to win back to back road games), show FAs what your building, keep it rolling.

To win in foxboro in a game they have to have, with this group of semi-pros, speaks volumes.
Says that we have a team and they are 100% behind our coach. I believe we have built a foundation that can lead to success. Especially with the amount of draft picks and cap space we have.

They still have a home game next week; they just lose a bye.

Barry Jackson

@flasportsbuzz

Not confirmed by NFL, but Tankathon twitter account says Dolphins have clinched fifth spot in draft because Dolphins got lucky in one regard today and overcame Jaguars on strength of schedule tiebreaker if needed. Jax had led that tiebreaker couple hours ago

Back
Top Bottom