The ideal offseason situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ideal offseason situation

fgrocker

Starter
Reaction score
Sign Karlos Dansby.

Trade our 3rd rounder for Anquan Boldin (add a 5th or 6th if AZ balks).

With our top 2 needs taken care of, trade back in the 1st and select Earl Thomas (FS) or Dan Williams (NT) while picking up a 3rd rounder. Use our 2nd round pick on whichever position wasn't drafted in 1st round provided talent is there (Terrence Cody or Nate Allen, for example).

Again, this would be ideal, but we probably won't be so lucky. If the FO could find a way to work this out, I'd be the happiest fan in the world. Filling four major needs through FA and the first two rounds of the draft with elite and high-level players would be incredible. :woot:

It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to pull off, unless Dansby really bought into NYG or a team offered their 2nd rounder for Boldin.

Sign Karlos Dansby.
Amen to that.
Not sure why Arizona would take a third and fifth rounder for Boldin. I'm sure other teams would offer as high as a second rounder, or in an desperate case a first rounder. Let's just say they want our third round pick, who else would we offer in that package? They definitely would want more bang for their buck.

Amen to that.

Not sure why Arizona would take a third and fifth rounder for Boldin. I'm sure other teams would offer as high as a second rounder, or in an desperate case a first rounder. Let's just say they want our third round pick, who else would we offer in that package? They definitely would want more bang for their buck.
They couldn't even get a 2nd rounder last year. What makes you think someone is gonna offer anything more than that a year later?

Sign Karlos Dansby.

With our top 2 needs taken care of, trade back in the 1st and select Earl Thomas (FS) or Dan Williams (NT) while picking up a 3rd rounder. Use our 2nd round pick on whichever position wasn't drafted in 1st round provided talent is there (Terrence Cody or Nate Allen, for example).

Again, this would be ideal, but we probably won't be so lucky. If the FO could find a way to work this out, I'd be the happiest fan in the world. Filling four major needs through FA and the first two rounds of the draft with elite and high-level players would be incredible. :woot:

It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to pull off, unless Dansby really bought into NYG or a team offered their 2nd rounder for Boldin.

According to your offseason, with a #1 WR and an All Pro ILB signed, our most pressing need would be OLB. Draft the best OLB in the draft (whoever they feel that is).

i dont believe we have a 5th.and i feel AZ would take a 3rd because of not getting a 2 last year and the emergence of Doucett and Breaston

According to your offseason, with a #1 WR and an All Pro ILB signed, our most pressing need would be OLB. Draft the best OLB in the draft (whoever they feel that is).

That's a possibility, but I still feel that FS and NT are our biggest needs this offseason. Wake, Merling, and JT can handle OLBs for 1 more year. Our FS situation is very grim, we need a guy with serious coverage skills. Ferguson was injured last year and may retire, and we can't put Soliai back in at NT.

Of course, it would all depend who was available at each draft spot. We probably would go BPA with those 3 positions if this ever happened.

Back
Top Bottom