The importance of leg day... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The importance of leg day...

When you watch them play, do you really see chase being .1 faster than Smith?? Serious question.
Yes...

He damn sure doesn't look slower....

I'm not sure I trust those numbers.

Chase ran a 4.66 in HS. That's a really big jump to 4.40.
Smith ran a 4.49 in HS. We don't have a college time for him, but my guess is that he's similar to Jerry Jeudy who ran between a 4.40 - 4.46.
Waddle ran a 4.37 in HS and 4.27 in college.

I'm not sure it's credible to see that big of a jump from Chase. That feels like a case of LSU probably fudging on the numbers. And I don't see a 4.40 player in Chase on the field. So even if his timed number ends up better, I don't think he plays that fast.
You don't see a 4.4 player...fine, I could say the same thing about Smith.

I didn't see much difference in speed between Chase and Jefferson (4.43) on the field.

In term of raw speed, there's no way Chase is faster than Smith, Jefferson or Waddle. Chase gets open because of his technique. Smith is blowing by CB's with raw speed. Not sure how you could watch these guys and say Chase has more raw speed than the others....and by .1 second...

In term of raw speed, there's no way Chase is faster than Smith, Jefferson or Waddle. Chase gets open because of his technique. Smith is blowing by CB's with raw speed. Not sure how you could watch these guys and say Chase has more raw speed than the others....and by .1 second...
^This whole thing has me confused because I think both examples are wrong...but you said it so confidently.

You can’t truly trust numbers and look at them equally - unless they’re from the combine.

a pro day often has inflated numbers but is still better than “reportedly ran”

Chase is a really good receiver but to go from “4.66” to “4.4” is eye popping... might wanna check him for PEDs lol

the combine would be so useful this year getting accurate times and weights for these guys

No idea what you are talking about buddy, but yes, I do type with confidence.
That's the scary part...

You are confident that Chase gets open because of technique as opposed to physicality and that Smith gets open because of raw speed as opposed to technique.

spock GIF

Being physical is a technique. Do you not understand what technique is? Do not put words into my mouth.

I'm not sure I trust those numbers.

Chase ran a 4.66 in HS. That's a really big jump to 4.40.
Smith ran a 4.49 in HS. We don't have a college time for him, but my guess is that he's similar to Jerry Jeudy who ran between a 4.40 - 4.46.
Waddle ran a 4.37 in HS and 4.27 in college.

I'm not sure it's credible to see that big of a jump from Chase. That feels like a case of LSU probably fudging on the numbers. And I don't see a 4.40 player in Chase on the field. So even if his timed number ends up better, I don't think he plays that fast.

It happens. DK Metcalf and Greedy Williams ran 4.7's coming out of HS.

Not much of a college football watcher, but watching highlights of the two of Smith and Chase, Smith seemed quicker overall and I read someone said his "suddenness" is better and I agree, but I dont think we go wrong with either selection. I hope we stay at three and chose one of them, we trade down too far we may lose out on both.

That's the scary part...

You are confident that Chase gets open because of technique as opposed to physicality and that Smith gets open because of raw speed as opposed to technique.

spock GIF
I would say Chase gets open b/c of strength and that Smith gets open b/c of technique.

When you watch them play, do you really see chase being .1 faster than Smith?? Serious question.

Maybe on the track but I’ve never seen a player move on the football field the way smith does.

I also think Chase wouldn't get manhandled by DBs like Smith would at the NFL level.
I'd have liked to see the combine this year more than almost any other....

Back
Top Bottom