The importance of trading down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The importance of trading down

DolfanDaveInMI

Active Roster
Reaction score
If we trade down from #2 to #7, we will still be able to get Ronnie Brown, the running back we have at the top of our board. But I did a little research online and here's why we need to take him at #7 instead of #2.

The #2 pick in 2004 (Robert Gallery) got a 5-year deal worth $27.5 million.

The #7 pick in 2004 (Roy Williams) got a 5-year deal with $14 million.

Dropping down creates nearly $3 million per year in cap room over the life of the contract, and the extra picks we get won't come close to using all of it.

I hope we trade down to and take the BPA wherever we pick. This team is not one or two players away. We need to start stock-piling talent to make a serious run in the next 3-4 years.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
If we trade down from #2 to #7, we will still be able to get Ronnie Brown, the running back we have at the top of our board. But I did a little research online and here's why we need to take him at #7 instead of #2.

The #2 pick in 2004 (Robert Gallery) got a 5-year deal worth $27.5 million.

The #7 pick in 2004 (Roy Williams) got a 5-year deal with $14 million.

Dropping down creates nearly $3 million per year in cap room over the life of the contract, and the extra picks we get won't come close to using all of it.

You're numbers are way off. Ben Roethlisberger got 9 million to sign. Gallery got 14 million in bonus's if not more. Winslow got 10.8 or something in that area for being the #6 pick. Eli Manning got 20 million in Bonus's, and Rivers got a Contract worth close to 40 million. We have to figure on 10 million Bonus if sitting at #7. 15 Million at the #2 slot.

Back
Top Bottom