The In Support Of Tua (Only) Thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The In Support Of Tua (Only) Thread

My main concern about Fuller is he takes time to get open. Tua doesn’t have that time rn
and that directly affects our game plan and play calling.

no dynamic deep shot tua until charlie frye, studes, gods and flo, are all comfortable with the protection.

once they get a sense he isn't going to get porked back there, you will see the longer developing plays magically appear in our offense.

Speaking of Gesicki he had a career game vs the Jills in Miami last year. Think he does it again.
Gesicki can’t separate to save his life, the only way he makes catches is if the Qb throws the ball to him even though he’s covered, throw it high and sure enough he’ll catch it or one hand it

Just as they did at times last season, Miami went conservative with the lead in the 2nd half. The conservative approach and the Patriots ball control offense help lead to Tua only attempting 10 passes in the 2nd half and only 6 after going 3 of 4 on the first drive of the 3rd quarter that was capped with a td pass and a 17-10 lead.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the approach. In games like that you do what it takes to win and not worry about how it looks in the box score. Just saying anybody who expected flashy passing numbers should understand you're not going to get them only attempting 6 passes in the final 25 minutes.

Last edited:
I just watched the “All-22” tape from the Patriots game. Our OL was atrocious. Kindly was ESPECIALLY BAD. Besides that…. Our receivers got almost no separation. It was way worse than what you see on broadcast television. Even Gesicki was bad.

I would like to publicly apologize to Tua for anything negative I’ve ever said about him. Oh…One more thing….Chris Grier still sucks.
I don't know why that surprised you. Gesicki has never been good at getting separation. He needs to be schemed open or he usually has to make a contested catch. He's a terrible route runner. Miami has to be very careful when it comes decision time on a new contract for him. I hope they don't over value his skill set.

Gesicki can’t separate to save his life, the only way he makes catches is if the Qb throws the ball to him even though he’s covered, throw it high and sure enough he’ll catch it or one hand it
JMHO but Tua’s ability to hit people in stride and in tight windows makes MG more of a weapon. We’ll see vs Buffalo

Just as they did at times last season, Miami went conservative with the lead in the 2nd half. The conservative approach and the Patriots ball control offense help lead to Tua only attempting 10 passes in the 2nd half and only 6 after going 3 of 4 on the first drive of the 3rd quarter that was capped with a td pass and a 17-10 lead.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the approach. In games like that you do what it takes to win and not worry about how it looks in the box score. Just saying anybody who expected flashy passing numbers should understand you're not going to get them only attempting 6 passes in the final 25 minutes.
Is it just me, but I hate Tua under center. On the 3 and outs that’s where he was. Shotgun, RPO, playing uptempo is his strength IMO, not under center.

Back
Top Bottom