The In Support Of Tua (Only) Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The In Support Of Tua (Only) Thread

The other positive I take out of this, is he had a good game, with 8 on 4 or 5 coverage. NE probably went to that stuff after our first drive and he shredded ’em as efficiently as possible. Making plays into double-coverage all around has to be tough for anyone. That makes me appreciate his game even more.

Tua has become some unhappy fans' pinata, I believe unrightfully so.

One of the fastest releases in the league, decent to outright good stats, 70% winning percentage and the DNA of a "Winner" going back to high school, Tua is the subject of unfair and irrational criticism because we could have had Herbert instead. But hell, if I could foretell the future, I'd be at the $1000 window at Santa Anita or Gulfstream Park!!!

Herbert (so far) is an unfair standard by which to measure Tua. He has done fine by most standards.

If you agree, please weigh in; if you don't, there are plenty of other threads for you to bash him in. TIA

You know the case in here brother since the earlier days of finheaven, and since the earlier days of the Fiedler era has been unhappy fans in general. With that said, Tua had an awesome game last week. Throwing and running a td for a score and passing for over 200 yards against a tough team is a great accomplishment. We are also leading the division.

You know the case in here brother since the earlier days of finheaven, and since the earlier days of the Fiedler era has been unhappy fans in general. With that said, Tua had an awesome game last week. Throwing and running a td for a score and passing for over 200 yards against a tough team is a great accomplishment. We are also leading the division.
Where Van Noy and Perry likely shared "tendencies" in advance.

For me he did little wrong, the only time a was unhappy with him on Sunday was the over throw to Ahmed. Not sure what that was all about. I have zero problem with the INT, the intent was right. The supporting cast wasn't really there on Sunday, could argue that Tua needed to get them involved more but too many drops once again, too much pressure allowed and just damn good D from the the cheats tbh. At the end of the day it was a W though, I'm not really sure what more these folks want, than a QB who wins 70% of his starts so far.

He'll grow into the season, like the rest of the team, I'm sure about that, but remember he was throwing to Mack Hollins and scrubs throughout pre-season so it will take time to build that chemistry with the first choice WR corps. People need to show a little patience, not sure what the hurry is here, we are 1-0.

It was a little under thrown but the mistake made was by Wilson - he didn’t come back and try to high point the ball. Had he done that he could have caught it or drawn a PI. WRs do that all of the time. Wilson wasn’t good on Sunday. Tua was good.
It wasn't under thrown. It was right on the money. He could not have led him any farther because of the end line. If anything, it was a tad late.

Disagree…watched it several times full-speed and slow-motion. That ball gets there .2 seconds sooner, paydirt. Was a great play by the defender, my point is he was only able to make it because of the timing of the pass. It is nit-picking to a point, sure. Wilson had to slow up a bit too.

We’ve seen NFL receivers and tight-ends adjust to that pass and make a brilliant catch over the DB, but that’s a very tough ask for Wilson. DVP, Gesicki, Williams, possibly.

Im still very happy with his decision to be agressive and pull the trigger there. Keep at it.
Ball on the money, but like you pointed out, it was a tad late.

It wasn't under thrown. It was right on the money. He could not have led him any farther because of the end line. If anything, it was a tad late.
I think Wilson could have tried to make a play on it.

Back
Top Bottom