The In Support Of Tua (Only) Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The In Support Of Tua (Only) Thread

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Tua has become some unhappy fans' pinata, I believe unrightfully so.

One of the fastest releases in the league, decent to outright good stats, 70% winning percentage and the DNA of a "Winner" going back to high school, Tua is the subject of unfair and irrational criticism because we could have had Herbert instead. But hell, if I could foretell the future, I'd be at the $1000 window at Santa Anita or Gulfstream Park!!!

Herbert (so far) is an unfair standard by which to measure Tua. He has done fine by most standards.

If you agree, please weigh in; if you don't, there are plenty of other threads for you to bash him in. TIA

I thought he was very good at the start of both halves and at the end running out time to get the win

That first TD drive was outstanding to get the early lead and make the Pats play catch up

Still some work to do but something to build on never the less

Almost all of his completions Sunday were accurate, many allowed for YAC. Those 2 TD drives were absolutely gorgeous…the kind of drives we haven’t seen from this team in a long while (so many so easily forget). Of course the defense adjusted…it’s NE…thats going to happen.

Even his incompletions were mostly good. 5 drops, 4 bad throws (1 of which was also a bad decision…the ball McCourty got hands on), 1 good throwaway and 1 unknown (could fall into either category, the tipped pass that cancelled the PI). Even with jailbreak pressure at times, he was keeping his eyes downfield while evading, I specifically watched for it and saw it.

All-in-all, very good day, even though some of the route concepts were confusing and didn’t fully stress the coverage.

Lastly, I’m very mystified as to why so many fans say his arm strength hasn’t improved over last season. It was glaringly better IMO. The only pass I thought velocity hurt us on was the endzone pass to Wilson that got there a hair short. Whether that was velocity or him getting the throw off a little late, it’s something that should be corrected. Said it 1000 times, he needs game experience and repetition, and he’ll shine…I believe he’s simply wired that way.

The coaches emphasized aggression during camp…it shows.

Last edited:
What I saw excites me! Super aggressive! He fixed that hesitation real quick, it's like watching two different quarterbacks when comparing himself to last year. He's going to have a great year of we can keep these WRs healthy. Waddle looks legit

Tua has potential and can lead our team to success. He does have flaws and work to do and we fans should accept that. What I want to see is a killer instinct that takes ruthless pleasure in humiliating the opponents defense. I want to see the confidence he has grow. He is a great person (humble, selfless, workaholic and team oriented) but I want him to be more a cold blooded assassin on gameday. That will take time to develop.

Alf Aretga rated Tua as having a really good game apart from the pic, he also hinted that Perry may well have given the Pats our playbook Alf noticing himself that that Pats defence was on to our schemes to get guys open, only national guy I heard praise Tua was Ross Tucker. Felt relief on Sunday now the more I think about it and reflect considering how much we were up against it with the refs, loosing a couple of guys and the Perry thing, I'm thinking this is a massive win.

Dude went into Foxboro and won against Bill Belichick's defense. He didn't have pretty stats but go ask Peyton Manning how pretty his stats were @ New England.

I'm trying to recall how Justin Herbert fared against Belecheat and NE last season --- all while playing at HOME ...... :ponder:

In all seriousness, I think many forget how different WEEK 1 is from practically every other game. Fans tend to get all worked up and nervous when an opponent has an extra week (BYE) to prepare. In this case we're talking about numerous weeks to prepare for the 1st game.

No other defense the Dolphins face this season will have as much prep time as NE.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom