The In Support Of Tua (Only) Thread | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The In Support Of Tua (Only) Thread

Just as they did at times last season, Miami went conservative with the lead in the 2nd half. The conservative approach and the Patriots ball control offense help lead to Tua only attempting 10 passes in the 2nd half and only 6 after going 3 of 4 on the first drive of the 3rd quarter that was capped with a td pass and a 17-10 lead.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the approach. In games like that you do what it takes to win and not worry about how it looks in the box score. Just saying anybody who expected flashy passing numbers should understand you're not going to get them only attempting 6 passes in the final 25 minutes.

i am not happy with the approach but I will take the result

I like the 5 yard pass to Waddle it has promise

Is it just me, but I hate Tua under center. On the 3 and outs that’s where he was. Shotgun, RPO, playing uptempo is his strength IMO, not under center.

I expect uptempo vs the Jills take Em up and down the field with no subs

BTW the Jills read the media dealing headlines prior to the season and had such a perfect TC

They could win Sunday but it wouldn’t surprise that the lingering taste in the MD mouths from last years kick in the teeth in the 4th Q leads to a greater hunger and physicality than we have Ever seen with this team

I kno the Jills fans do not like being the favourite any longer - the hunted

They paid their QB now he all but nerves up - at home first game glorious

Last edited:
Dude has not had a fair shake, imo. That's partly due to his pedigree (coming out of Alabama with a boatload of expectations). He never had a preseason last year and has not a full season worth of starts.

I am not completely sold on him but I see great potential. Give the man some time before we anoint (or kill) him.

I don’t remember that but I’ll take your word for it.
And when they traded for Young, there was an even more evident divide. Still more pro-Montana b/c he was thought of as the GOAT by most of the country, but if there had been message boards like this you could easily have seen similar threads. And after Young won the SB and had one of the greatest statistical years ever at the time, you got a lot more of the "well he's still no Montana" push back. IMO these threads are more about human nature than QB evaluation.

I’d like to point out that the “other thread” has 639 posts, the vast majority of which are negative about something Dolphins related or other posters. This one has 171. Proves my point about what I’ve been saying all along about who’s really dominating this site.

Nailed it!

So a couple things here. After reviewing his incompletions they were honestly not that bad. The numbers you post are always misleading because it only accounts for the passing part of a completion. There is a required catch component that yesterday some of the receivers just missed on. Over half of the incompletions IMO were of the receivers fault. 1 was a beauty of a block for a TD by the Pats Mills. I counted 3 bad passes and then of course there was the OOB interception which was a mistake.

Feel free to check it out yourself:

Here's what I counted:

6 on target, missed/dropped by receivers (2 of them by Gman). 1 of them was a perfect throw to the endzone that was blocked by the Pats CB on a fantastic play.
1 ball tipped
2 balls overthrown, 1 almost an INT.
1 ball thrown behind
1 INT trying to throw OOB but tipped back to the Pats by Gman.

Almost all of these fall in the +10 category.

im still evaluating Tua for a few more weeks before I make determination on what Tua is. We just cant settle at the QB position, its like that for any position, upgrade at any and all positions if it makes us better. Fingers crossed that Tua changes narratives over the next few weeks. Otherwise the Watson rumors will pop right back up.

And when they traded for Young, there was an even more evident divide. Still more pro-Montana b/c he was thought of as the GOAT by most of the country, but if there had been message boards like this you could easily have seen similar threads. And after Young won the SB and had one of the greatest statistical years ever at the time, you got a lot more of the "well he's still no Montana" push back. IMO these threads are more about human nature than QB evaluation.
Steve to me was below Joe. He was good qb Steve.. stack team when he took over

My fav throw from Tua that no1 will talk about is one of his slants. he was staring down the flat and while doing that he threw the slant. Essentially it was a no look slant throw (at least thats what i seen), which doesnt seem amazing but shows that he is working on the little things to make his passes harder to defend.

its a 2min and 50 seconds.

For all the talk about how he has a weak arm. No one talks about how his release is fricken lightning quick. He just snaps and it’s out; reminiscent of Dan Marino, it’s such an underrated quality a lot of the haters bypass. If he didn’t have that quick release that throw at the end of last Sunday’s game with Parker would’ve been a safety.

Back
Top Bottom