the injustice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the injustice

Lorenzo Rules

Active Roster
Reaction score
Some clowns were discussing qbs and they took Marino off their list of qbs and they put Tom Brady in his place. what crap this is so in my call to these yardbirds I put it that Tom brady has had Luck on his side and would not be as sucessfull if it were not for the head cheater.

the injustice of this has led me to ask this question. If Marino is not a top 5 qb then shouldnt Bob Greise get a mention as a top 10 qb because he went to four super bowls and won 2 ?

Aikman isnt better then Greise and Neither is Tom Brady or Drew Bledsoe . so why isnt Bob getting mentioned for wining two super bowls if Marino is being lowered in the standings of peoples minds as a great qb ?

this is a gross injustice to bot Marino and Griese.

Marino may have never won a championship, but he didn't need Shula to cheat for him.

The thing about superbowl rings is that they are a discriminator when you talk about the greatness of a QB. Like it or not, it just is. QB is also one of those positions that it's pretty easy to compare, because field vision, armstrength, etc are constants.

If you don't think Brady is one of the best QBs to ever play the game, I don't know what to tell you. He's a fantastic QB, and if he were a Dolphin everyone would be all over his ****.

There are a great many really legendary QBs....Unitas, Montana, P Manning, Brady, Aikman, Young, Fouts, Farve, Jourgenson, Elway, Anderson, Dawson, Moon....That's just off the top of my head. When it's all said and done, QBs that didn't win at the highest level are going to get pushed down the rankings. It's just the way it is.

I also don't think it's much of an injustice to Dan that two chuckleheads on a radio show are saying he is or isn't great.

And Brady didn't need Bellicheck to constantly re write rules to favor him on the competition comitte. Get over Patriotgate.

Only difference is Brady goes straight to the NFL. Now you can't even touch an quarterback at the knees or below.

when marino played the rules helped the d. they could do 10x more stuff. now qb's and one in particular cough brady cough is a little cry baby and if he gets touched is a flag thrown. brady doesnt deserve to be considered in the same league as dan. brady is a product of the system. marino was the system PERIOD!!!

The thing about superbowl rings is that they are a discriminator when you talk about the greatness of a QB. Like it or not, it just is. QB is also one of those positions that it's pretty easy to compare, because field vision, armstrength, etc are constants.

If you don't think Brady is one of the best QBs to ever play the game, I don't know what to tell you. He's a fantastic QB, and if he were a Dolphin everyone would be all over his ****.

There are a great many really legendary QBs....Unitas, Montana, P Manning, Brady, Aikman, Young, Fouts, Farve, Jourgenson, Elway, Anderson, Dawson, Moon....That's just off the top of my head. When it's all said and done, QBs that didn't win at the highest level are going to get pushed down the rankings. It's just the way it is.

I also don't think it's much of an injustice to Dan that two chuckleheads on a radio show are saying he is or isn't great.

Brady is an amazing qb, very smart, and will very rarily do anything to lose the games for you, but to rate QBs by how many SB they have, how many games they have won. or pure stats is very lazy, and a very wrong way to rate top QBs.

If we had Brady, yes we would love him being here, but unless he went up two fold in talent, and ability to succeed no matter the condition, there is no way his name and Marino's should ever be spoken in the same sentence.

I am old enough to have seen Marino's entire career, and the things he did, Brady could and would not be able to do if he were in the same boat.

Brady deserve to be spoken as one of the greats, but he is not one of the elite QBs, if you want to give him a free pass because of all the SBs his star Kicker was able close up for him, then fine, but if anyone were to do some homework and compare what Brady did to what Marino, Montana, Unites, or even Elway, there would be very little comparison.

Aikman isnt better then Greise and Neither is Tom Brady or Drew Bledsoe .
this is a gross injustice to bot Marino and Griese.

I'll definitely give Marino the edge over Brady, but saying Griese is better is a homer call.

Don't forget about the pure luck of brady even going to his first super bowl, let alone winning, with the bogus tuck rule.

The tuck rule was so bogus that it was called against the Patriots earlier that season which caused them to lose to the Jets.

you gotta look at it objectively

qb is the only position where stats take a backseat to results

Im sorry, but Griese is hardly a top 10 QB let alone a 5 ten. I mean look at guys like Elway, or Unitas, or Starr, Montana, Young, Tarkenton, Fouts, Anderson, and obviously Marino. Griese isnt in the same league as these guys.. Who was the mechanic at QB for the undefeated season? It wasnt Griese..

Back
Top Bottom