the irony in drafting a qb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the irony in drafting a qb

thecoordinator

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
if you clones are right and we do get alex smith with the #2 pick, and he is the "stud" you all paint him out to be, at worst you figure him to be #2 on the depth chart right? and given frerottes familiarity with the system he could go into week one as either the 1 or 2 on the depth chart, leaving poor AJ as the same 3rd string qb we traded the 35th overall pick for. lol that would suck. i dont think we get a qb at #2 so i don't have the sour taste in my mouth yet, but if things play out like that rick is fired. he has to be. how is he not already?

thecoordinator said:
if you clones are right and we do get alex smith with the #2 pick, and he is the "stud" you all paint him out to be, at worst you figure him to be #2 on the depth chart right? and given frerottes familiarity with the system he could go into week one as either the 1 or 2 on the depth chart, leaving poor AJ as the same 3rd string qb we traded the 35th overall pick for. lol that would suck. i dont think we get a qb at #2 so i don't have the sour taste in my mouth yet, but if things play out like that rick is fired. he has to be. how is he not already?

How would that sucks? A.J has every chance to compete against Ferrote.

You call us clones and stereotype our opinions on Alex Smith yet you have nine posts and have been on the site less than a day. Nice.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith at #3 for the year if we did indeed draft him. If he worked his way higher up the depth chart this year, that would just be an added bonus. Nick Saban is looking long term.... he's not in win next year or I get fired mode like Wanny was. That's what got us into trouble in the first place. Never taking a QB because Wanny didn't have the time to wait for him to develop.... he was always one year away from being fired.

HysterikiLL said:
You call us clones and stereotype our opinions on Alex Smith yet you have nine posts and have been on the site less than a day. Nice.

He has been spending to much time in the jungle with that a$$hole Jim Rome.

HysterikiLL said:

actually ive been on this site for longer than i can remember. probably close to 2 years. i havent posted though in about 6+ months because i got a router and my pc was messed up and for some reason i couldnt log in, even when i made a new name. through trial and error i think i finally fixed it by changing my internet settings and making a new name. however i had no problems using other forums so maybe i got banned before lol. i cant imagine that though because i didnt cause any trouble. so no, i havent been on this site for less than a day. i read these boards all the time and finally got motivated with the draft being so near to fix my internet problem.

death7star said:
we have already drafted a QB this year. we dont need another one.

By using the "we" term, I'm assuming you're referring to the collective we meaning the dolphins. However, the current "we" is not the "we" that traded for AJ Feeley. I know Rick is still here, but he's no longer in control. I would argue that "they" already drafted a QB this year, not "us." Sunk costs my friend, Nick has no reason to stick to AJ if he doesn't think he's the guy, and I just don't think he does.

supertek said:
He has been spending to much time in the jungle with that a$$hole Jim Rome.
Someone mentioned jim rome and now I want to see Jim Everett beat his *** again!:lol: . I ****ing hate that guy

thecoordinator said:
actually ive been on this site for longer than i can remember. probably close to 2 years. i havent posted though in about 6+ months because i got a router and my pc was messed up and for some reason i couldnt log in, even when i made a new name. through trial and error i think i finally fixed it by changing my internet settings and making a new name. however i had no problems using other forums so maybe i got banned before lol. i cant imagine that though because i didnt cause any trouble. so no, i havent been on this site for less than a day. i read these boards all the time and finally got motivated with the draft being so near to fix my internet problem.

That's cool man. It's all good. We all have a right to our opinions and freedom of speech. I have seen people though that have been here a second and categorize us so it's kinda force of habit to shut them out.

Peace. :D

death7star said:
we have already drafted a QB this year. we dont need another one.

And perhaps we have to face the music and see that pickup might not pan out. You dont ride the ship while its sinking, and my friend AJ has a huge hole in the mast, and deck.

phinphanphrommi said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith at #3 for the year if we did indeed draft him. If he worked his way higher up the depth chart this year, that would just be an added bonus. Nick Saban is looking long term.... he's not in win next year or I get fired mode like Wanny was. That's what got us into trouble in the first place. Never taking a QB because Wanny didn't have the time to wait for him to develop.... he was always one year away from being fired.

Man, that PC looks tight as hell with the new logo!!

We also used draft picks on WR and QB this year... should we not pick those positions up either? :shakeno:

Mike Nugent at #2!!!!

youll have to forgive me as well because im just now coming out of the spielstedt era and i live and die miami dolphins football, and ive been dead for 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom