The Jerseys Look Different....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Jerseys Look Different.......

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I went on NFLshop.com to buy a Tanehill jersey and for some reason they look different than the ones worn on the field vs. the Bucs. The ones on the field look like they had distinctly darker colored patches surrounding the names and across the lower back (almost like the players were constanly sweating) while the ones in the store look like they are all solid aqua. Anybody notice this????:crazy:

Definitely noticed the new "sweat patch" jerseys. Man those are ugly. Maybe it's supposed to give us the illusion guys are working extra hard!!

I think the Nike jerseys have areas for sweating. I have noticed this on other team's jerseys as well during the preseason. Under the arms, to the sides and in the back.

I actually love the way the Nike jerseys look on the field. I love the matte finish. The Dolphins' jersey are no longer shiny, shimmering disco jerseys.

Why buy a Tannehill jersey now when you can buy one in April when (if) the new uni's are released

I think the Nike jerseys have areas for sweating. I have noticed this on other team's jerseys as well during the preseason. Under the arms, to the sides and in the back.

I actually love the way the Nike jerseys look on the field. I love the matte finish. The Dolphins' jersey are no longer shiny, shimmering disco jerseys.

That's a good look at the new jersey with the darker colors! I don't see that on the Nike jerseys for sale to the public......

I went on NFLshop.com to buy a Tanehill jersey and for some reason they look different than the ones worn on the field vs. the Bucs. The ones on the field look like they had distinctly darker colored patches surrounding the names and across the lower back (almost like the players were constanly sweating) while the ones in the store look like they are all solid aqua. Anybody notice this????:crazy:

The reason is because they are game jerseys. They are always different from retail authentics. The game jerseys are made of better fabrics and have hand sewn stitching. This is why I only buy game worn jerseys. The downside is not everyone wants to spend 500-2,000$ on a jersey worn by a player. You can get some lower end players for 100s but still worth it. If you do want the jersey with the sweat catchers the closest you will find to this is a Nike Elite jersey, which will run you 300$ for a Tannehill. Hope this helps

The reason is because they are game jerseys. They are always different from retail authentics. The game jerseys are made of better fabrics and have hand sewn stitching. This is why I only buy game worn jerseys. The downside is not everyone wants to spend 500-2,000$ on a jersey worn by a player. You can get some lower end players for 100s but still worth it. If you do want the jersey with the sweat catchers the closest you will find to this is a Nike Elite jersey, which will run you 300$ for a Tannehill. Hope this helps

Now I see what you are talking about. I just received my $100 Nike "replica" Tannehill jersey from Sports Authority and the name and numbers are not even sewn on, they are heat pressed vinyl or something! Even my Reebok "replica" jerseys cost me less than $50 and had sewn on numbers! Ridiculous if you ask me!!!!

The Reebok Replicas where screen printed and went for about $80 last time I checked, then they started to make the Premier Jerseys with the sewn on numbers for around $100. They pretty much replaced the old replicas and raised the price, there is no "good, better, best" now with nike, there is only the replica "game" with the screen print, and the authentic "elite" with the sewn numbers

Back
Top Bottom