The Jets stadium is a no-go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Jets stadium is a no-go

FireWrongstedt

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I don't have a link- but I've been listeining to Mike and the Mad Dog all afternoon- today was supposed to be the vote (which already had been delayed twice I think)- the vote was cancelled again. Then the NY assembly speaker Sheldon Silver came out and said taxpayer money will not be used to build a West Side stadium whether NYC gets the Olympics or not. The West Side stadium is officially dead people- unless Woody ponies up his own cash to build it.

It's not officially dead, they just won't get State money but the project is far from dead.

No state money, no stadium.

Unless someone wanna ponies up 1-2 bill.

nyjunc said:
It's not officially dead, they just won't get State money but the project is far from dead.

It all depends on what Woody wants to do- if this stadium is gonna cost upwards of $3 billion- as has been projected, will Woody reach into his own pockets and find enough private investors to pony up? If he wants the stadium that bad, I think he will. But guys like Woody Johnson don't like to spend THEIR money- they like to spend YOUR money. And that's how people like Woody and Doktoroff and Bloomberg got rich- by spending YOUR money to make THEIR money. I think the whole West Side thing is a dumb idea anyway- the Jets should play in Queens, where a majority of their fan base is and where the franchise got it's start. Plus, how would you tailgate at a stadium that's built in the middle of Manhattan? And the TRAFFIC- oh what a nightmare the traffic would be. Queens is the best option- I just can't figure out why Woody doesn't think he can profit from a stadium in Queens.

I didn't want this stadium to be funded by WNY tax money. It would not be fair for the small market Bills fans to be forced to pay for a rival team to get a new stadium which could ultimately have the bills setting up shop somewhere else. Although, the Jets deserve a new stadium, it just wouldn't be fair.

I've said it since day one, the stadium will not be built! The Jets better start doing some major @$$ kissing with the Giants now if they want in on the new stadium.

How does the San Antonio Jets sound????

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I've said it since day one, the stadium will not be built! The Jets better start doing some major @$$ kissing with the Giants now if they want in on the new stadium.

How does the San Antonio Jets sound????

We have the Giants as plan B, if things don't work out we'll be partners w/ the Giants for the new Stadium but I still think we'll eventually get the Stadium.

San Antonio Jets :lol: It would make sense for a team to leave the #1 market w/ a humongous fanbase for a mid size market. It wouldn't even make sense for the Jets to leave to go to LA and they are the #2 market. We actually sell out all of our home games and have a huge wiating list for season tickets.

nyjunc said:
We have the Giants as plan B, if things don't work out we'll be partners w/ the Giants for the new Stadium but I still think we'll eventually get the Stadium.

San Antonio Jets :lol: It would make sense for a team to leave the #1 market w/ a humongous fanbase for a mid size market. It wouldn't even make sense for the Jets to leave to go to LA and they are the #2 market. We actually sell out all of our home games and have a huge wiating list for season tickets.

I agree with you completely. The Jets won't move, nor should they, but just remember- even the Cleveland Browns moved.

FireWrongstedt said:
I agree with you completely. The Jets won't move, nor should they, but just remember- even the Cleveland Browns moved.

That was a different situation, Modell was losing money like crazy and Cle was building new Stadiums and Arenas for everyone else. Woody Johnson isn't making as mcuh as he could(b/c of the Stadium) but he's still making money and the league would never allow a NYC team to leave.

nyjunc said:
That was a different situation, Modell was losing money like crazy and Cle was building new Stadiums and Arenas for everyone else. Woody Johnson isn't making as mcuh as he could(b/c of the Stadium) but he's still making money and the league would never allow a NYC team to leave.

Yeah, it would be a joke if that happened. As much as I despise the Jets, I don't want them to move- I love our rivalry and I never want that to end because of the Jets leaving the east coast. The only place I want them to move is out my beloved home state of New Jersey. They should be in Queens.

frankly, (and this is Jet fans' compassion when we have misfortune)

i couldn't be happier.... more distractions, more problems....

my Mantra on Jet fans (and they've earned it):
"you're mad, i'm happy..."

Back
Top Bottom