The Joke That Is The Pro Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Joke That Is The Pro Bowl

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
As I'm looking at all of these players suddenly not going and having a replacement it just reminds me how much of a joke this game is. These players are voted in, but don't play. I get that some of them are legit and there is an injury risk, but what's the point. Will there be a single starter that was voted in by the time we get there? Just scrap it NFL. Put it out of its misery instead of dying this slow painful death.

Calling it a joke is an understatement.
At one time it actually meant something to make the squad.
To be honest, when you hear that a player in this day and age has "made 4 pro-bowls", it really doesn't mean to much anymore.

As long as the NFL allows fans to vote the players in, its all just a popularity contest. Fans (majority, not all) only vote for the players they know or players on their team.

Yet pro bowls is somehow still brought up when looking at the legacy of a player.

Mike Pouncey had gotten into the pro bowl based solely on name recognition for years.

I didn’t know people still watched it.
I can't remember the last time I watched one, at least 15 years or so I guess.
On a side note Fin Fan in Cali, after seeing your picture on here with that Les Paul, I looked you up. Quite impressed with your playing!
If you ever need a fill-in drummer, let me know! :):out:

On a side note Fin Fan in Cali, after seeing your picture on here with that Les Paul, I looked you up. Quite impressed with your playing!

Just a fan of great guitar playing brother.

Instead of a game they should have obstacle courses, weightlifting, foot races, etc.... where each team presents a set number of players to represent the team. Get player fan interaction. More like a thank you from the NFL weekend.

Instead of a game they should have obstacle courses, weightlifting, foot races, etc.... where each team presents a set number of players to represent the team. Get player fan interaction. More like a thank you from the NFL weekend.

Yea, I prefer the skills challenges, dodgeball game, etc...

It's such a joke I will be watching the WWE Royal Rumble event instead, hands down, no contest.

Been saying that for years. The Pro Bowl hasn't made sense since I was a kid.

Back
Top Bottom