The Josh Rosen Saga: Will It Happen All Over Again With The Miami Dolphins?

DolfanDuBbZ~

Avoid the 'Noid
Reaction score
There are valid points on both sides.

I don't think it is a death sentence to not have a top 5 pick.

A good, competent front office can plan ahead, and make lemonade.

No one said death sentence, its spinning your wheels hoping you are just a piece or 2 away from being competitive. While remaining in the TOP 15 for the draft.

39wildman

Starter
Reaction score
The worst thing that could happen is Fitzpatrick cobbling together 5 or 6 wins and not even seeing what you have in Rosen.
there not going start fitz. if he won 4 game w ari. he should won at least 6 w dolphins. I am not saying he is answer but dolphins must find out. dolphins need work w this guy and show him some love like they did thill17. to find out if he is guy or he will be good backup.

hoops

exited stage left
Reaction score
Strong possibility imo

He’s far from set up for success year 1 in Miami.

Mach2

Starter
Reaction score
No one said death sentence, its spinning your wheels hoping you are just a piece or 2 away from being competitive. While remaining in the TOP 15 for the draft.
I agree, but that brings us back to having a competent FO.

That clown Tbum, and before him Hickey/Ireland always thought we were close, when in fact, there wasn't even a solid foundation.

It would appear that has changed, but I can certainly understand any skepticism.

Vaark

Nihil taurus crappus
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
The absolute worst thing that can happen is Rosen leads us to 7 wins.

Draft purgatory again
No, the absolute worst thing that can happen would be mortgaging the future with draft picks for one of next draft's flavor of the month and he craters like Couch, Akili Smith, Harrington or Russell with a rinse and repeat 4 years later.
QB purgatory.

39wildman

Starter
Reaction score
for a qb that just got draft in 2018. Rosen is under heavy pressure.

Mach2

Starter
Reaction score
for a qb that just got draft in 2018. Rosen is under heavy pressure.
I would say that's true, in terms of personal pressure. This might be his last real shot at being the face of a franchise. There are examples, like Testeverdi, who became a solid starter after a couple failures, but not many.

As far as pressure to carry the future of the team, though, I think it's less than in AZ.

39wildman

Starter
Reaction score
I would say that's true, in terms of personal pressure. This might be his last real shot at being the face of a franchise. There are examples, like Testeverdi, who became a solid starter after a couple failures, but not many.

As far as pressure to carry the future of the team, though, I think it's less than in AZ.
yes but u cannot give pass to jets, bills, ravens, ari, was, because they still don't know what they got as well at qb.

hoops

exited stage left
Reaction score
I feel bad for tbe kid. I don’t think he’s gonna get a fair shake in Miami. But I guess I will wait for the padded games to see.

Feels in some ways like a sacramental lamb.

Mach2

Starter
Reaction score
I feel bad for tbe kid. I don’t think he’s gonna get a fair shake in Miami. But I guess I will wait for the padded games to see.

Feels in some ways like a sacramental lamb.
He's going to get a hell of a lot fairer "shake" here, than he did in AZ.

DolfanDuBbZ~

Avoid the 'Noid
Reaction score
I agree, but that brings us back to having a competent FO.

That clown Tbum, and before him Hickey/Ireland always thought we were close, when in fact, there wasn't even a solid foundation.

It would appear that has changed, but I can certainly understand any skepticism.
Grier should own some of that history.

We will see....

Top Bottom