The Key to 2007 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Key to 2007

i dont think the oline has been all abd this year....i think our RB needs to step it up.

The #1 key in 2007 is finding a playmaker on offense. We need to find someone who can get the damn ball in the endzone. WR, QB, RB, I don't care who. Maybe it's a better OL for Ronnie Brown to pound the ball into the endzone.

If we don't do that, the best OLB and best cover CB in the world will not help this team get to the playoffs, IMO.

We have to have a fast start in free agency and bring in two of the following players:

A Thomas
N Clements
TGonzalez
L Briggs

If Gonzalez is snagged you can concentrate or corner or biggest defensive need in round 1. If Clements or the three other defenders are signed Miami should draft the biggest impact offensive they can like Teddy Ginn Jr. or Duane Jarrett.

Forget O-line unless they are late rounders or cheap free agents, Miami has invested enough high picks, a coach and free agent dollars to form a good line, which they have.

We need a WR,OLB and CB and all other impact offensive players we can get.

Booyacasha

I'd opt for FA Eric Steinbach OG, 26 yo, 6-6, 290 lbs
Trade up for Joe Thomas OT, 22 yo, 6-8, 313 lbs
Even if you like our current OL, this one is just a little bit better.

I'd opt for FA Eric Steinbach OG, 26 yo, 6-6, 290 lbs
Trade up for Joe Thomas OT, 22 yo, 6-8, 313 lbs
Even if you like our current OL, this one is just a little bit better.

If they sign Steinbach, he'd play LT for Miami. Trading up for Thomas will be next to impossible.

Levi Brown is a RT prospect so also superfluous.

We need offensive playmakers not linemen.

If they sign Steinbach, he'd play LT for Miami. Trading up for Thomas will be next to impossible.

Levi Brown was a 4-year starter at LT for Penn State.

What good is having playmakers if the offensive line doesn't give them time or the space to do anything?

We have to have a fast start in free agency and bring in two of the following players:

A Thomas
N Clements
TGonzalez
L Briggs

If Gonzalez is snagged you can concentrate or corner or biggest defensive need in round 1. If Clements or the three other defenders are signed Miami should draft the biggest impact offensive they can like Teddy Ginn Jr. or Duane Jarrett.

Forget O-line unless they are late rounders or cheap free agents, Miami has invested enough high picks, a coach and free agent dollars to form a good line, which they have.

We need a WR,OLB and CB and all other impact offensive players we can get.

Booyacasha

players alone won't do it...fire mularkey!!

Arizona is probably going to end up with the 2nd pick in the draft and they need a plethora of help in that franchise so enticing them with a few picks(if we end up from 8-12 postion) shouldn't be too difficult. We're definitely going to have to give up a 2 or a 3 but the way Nick Saban drafted last year I'd rather give up one of those picks for a definite stud then sit there again thinking "Who did we take out Tennessee?" In retrospect, I would have rather traded Daunte Culpepper(2nd round pick) and Derek Hagan(3rd round pick) for Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart which were easily in reach for Miami.

Back
Top Bottom