The Latest.......Chambers to play on Sunday (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Latest.......Chambers to play on Sunday (merged)

MiaMarino

Starter
Reaction score
Chambers to play this Sunday vs Bills

According to WQAM (Hank Goldgerg), Chris Chambers will play this Sunday vs. Buffalo. Goldberg does the weekly Dave Wansteadt radio show which is taped on Thursday's and said that the coach is very confident that Chambers will play this big divisional game. Also, I think the game is sold out.

The Latest.......

Hank Goldberg has stated on WQAM that in talking with Wanny today in his weekly interview, Chris Chamber will more than likely play. Chambers was running around today and looked fine. As for Gadsden, two doctors have given him the go ahead to play the rest of the season. As long as there are no setbacks, look for both to be out on the field Sunday.

Re: The Latest.......

thats too good to be true - thank you Smacks and the Hammer :up:

Also, Chris practiced today without a problem and barring a last minute problem, he is good to go on Sunday (much to the chagrin of Buffalo)

If this bears out, it would be great news. Let's hope that dedication gets The Great Gadsby a new contract deal soon so he won't have to worry about free agency.

Re: Chambers to play this Sunday vs Bills

Originally posted by MiaMarino
According to WQAM (Hank Goldgerg), Chris Chambers will play this Sunday vs. Buffalo. Goldberg does the weekly Dave Wansteadt radio show which is taped on Thursday's and said that the coach is very confident that Chambers will play this big divisional game. Also, I think the game is sold out.

3 days ago there were about a 1,000 scattered tickest available. I am sure Bills fans hog them up hoping to see an upset. Boy, are they in for a treat.

LMAO

Dolphins 38
Bills 14

So I guess all the whining about the illegal hit was for nothing.

I'm glad he's back, it's always crappy to see good players on the sidelines.

Originally posted by RobertHoover
So I guess all the whining about the illegal hit was for nothing.

I'm glad he's back, it's always crappy to see good players on the sidelines.

Well, technically, a helmet-to-helmet WHERE a defender launches himself will always draw the wrath of the league. And that's exactly what happened. This gut (Kennedy) does have a history of this.

Here's hoping Ward and Mcknight still get some quality playing time this week too. Maybe every other series they can relieve one of them since Chambers and Gadsen are not 100 %

From Pro Football Weekly

Buchsbaum: The wide receiver situation is unclear in Miami. Gadsden’s injury could be season-ending or not that serious  they just don’t know yet. It would be a blow to the Dolphins if he was hurt; they would probably start James McKnight, which gives them more speed, if Chambers is out of action. The other thing that concerns me is that they have considered playing Chambers this week. After the concussion he got from the hit he took Sunday night, there’s no way that young man should be allowed on the football field for the next 10 days. Another hit to the head could have devastating

I want to beat the Bills as bad as anyone, but is it worth it to potentially risk the long-term health of our budding star? The compound effect of multiple concussions over short time spans is what causes the Al Toon's, the SteveYoung's, the Merrill Hoge's, etc. to have to walk away from the game. Divisional games are ultra important, but I believe the Bills will slow down offensively as the season wears on ( i.e. I believe Bledsoe will eventually get corkscrewed into the turf if he keeps flinging it like he has been), they can't play defense, and will do well to finsh 8-8. New England has a tough road ahead of them, and the Jets, well, they're the Jets for god's sake. I say hold CC out, give him a couple of weeks to let the fog clear, and besides, I like our chances even without him. As for OG, that dude only needs one of those firstbaseman's mitts he calls hands to catch the ball anyway, so duct tape the wrist and get him back out there. He played a good portion of the game with the injury anyway.

I would tend to agree Jack. If the Fish win 10 games (which you should do) you will win the east by 1 or 2 games. Is this one game worth Chambers for the long haul.

One word: decoy

I want to beat the Bills as bad as anyone, but is it worth it to potentially risk the long-term health of our budding star?

Just the sight of #84 lining up should draw some attention away from other parts of the Miami offense. I would definitely not expect CC to run any crossing routes this week.

Don't kid yourself: Wannstedt is about as likely to create undue risk for Chambers as he is to :hitself: .

OH YA BABY!!!!HECK YA!!!....are chances of winning just went from 99% to 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom