Reaction score
roundplayerposschoolnotes
1MillinerCBAlabama
2aSkovILBStanford
2bFauriaTEUCLAfrom Indy
3aBurkheadRBNebraska
3bWheatonWROregon StFrom Chicago
4M WilliamsDEKansas St

If possible, trade Thomas for another 4th rounder. Ideal partners IMO... Arizona or the Redskins.

Watching Fauria right now - UCLA vs Utah in a hard hitting battle.

Fauria making some nice plays. Went under a defender over the middle, then jumped right over another one with his length for a key first 1st down that resulted in a TD and a 7-0 lead for UCLA. He's the kind of guy that would improve the red zone offense with his frame and 6'8 height. He's pretty athletic for that size. At times he doesn't look as smooth as you'd like but that can come, as at other times he looks quite smooth

He's also a very well spoken guy and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Personality wise he reminds of Gronkowski before that draft

[video=youtube;g_xwOaZVCQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_xwOaZVCQ4[/video]

Why is ILB so important that we're picking one in the 2nd round?

Been pinpointing Fauria more than ever today and I don't know. He's quite awkward, too lumbering and lacks fluidity to be a consistent seam threat in the NFL. I think too many people are enamored with him just because of his height and every 3 games he hurdles a 5'8 D-back for 2 extra yards in his weak conference. Sorry, but that won't be happening with any frequency in the NFL. I don't think he'd be nearly as popular here if he was 6'5 instead of 6'8.. He wouldn't even be considered in the first 5 rounds. Fauria is not close to the prospect and player that Tyler Eifert is

Burkhead?????? Seriously?????

Millner should end up being good. Don't know if I can justify passing up the WR talent available in the 1st round though

I don't understand how you would think that they wouldn't take a WR in the 1st two rounds. Just my opinion.

I don't understand how you would think that they wouldn't take a WR in the 1st two rounds. Just my opinion.

They could be saving the coins to go WR in Free Agency. As ugly as it may look . . . . we could go DE (pass rusher) and draft 2 CB's mixed in those first 3 picks and I'd be thrilled . . . of course assuming we wen't after our offensive playmakers in FA. It will be harder finding a pass rusher and CB in free agency than WR.

Then again we could go Keenan Allen and Terrance Williams and I'd be happy about that also.

I don't know. Ireland is getting flack from the fans saying he's garbage at the skill positions come draft time. He's feeling it. And he may have something to prove.. With an "oh yeah , you don't think I can draft a good receiver early? watch this" ... kind of attitude.

Moreover, he said on national TV on Hard Knocks that he has a bunch of #3, #4 and #5 receivers on the roster, No #1's and No #2's.

And finally, Stephen Ross is nudging him to get a damn good receiver. The reports are already out there. Last year he nudged Ireland pretty hard to get a QB. Ireland obliged and was wise to listen to Sherman on Tannehill. This year, he is basically getting yelled at by Ross to get the receiver as priority #1

Don't think it's out of the question to see a WR taken in the 1st round. If it's going to happen this is the year. Tannehill is showing what he's showing, and with Ross up Ireland's arse, + Ireland's admittance on national TV how miami is seriously lacking #1 and #2 WR threats. In fact, I'd bet if nothing happens to bring in a REAL #1 WR here in FA (FA is not as easy as it sounds - just observe the Eric Winston situation and many other examples), then WR would actually be the "favored" position to draft in round 1 for Ireland

He already knows its what the fans want, and the guy who's signing his paycheck wants. And what his young and promising QB wants. It's certainly a big possibility.

To further add to that.

Ireland wants to separate himself from Parcells as much as possible. His deflecting of the circumstances when Parcells was here is testament to that. What better way to say to everyone that Parcells' philosophy isn't influencing him than drafting a QB and a WR in the 1st round in consecutive years.

It would be a big FU. And I know Ireland has the ego to do it.

I don't know. Ireland is getting flack from the fans saying he's garbage at the skill positions come draft time. He's feeling it. And he may have something to prove.. With an "oh yeah , you don't think I can draft a good receiver early? watch this" ... kind of attitude.

Moreover, he said on national TV on Hard Knocks that he has a bunch of #3, #4 and #5 receivers on the roster, No #1's and No #2's.

And finally, Stephen Ross is nudging him to get a damn good receiver. The reports are already out there. Last year he nudged Ireland pretty hard to get a QB. Ireland obliged and was wise to listen to Sherman on Tannehill. This year, he is basically getting yelled at by Ross to get the receiver as priority #1

Don't think it's out of the question to see a WR taken in the 1st round. If it's going to happen this is the year. Tannehill is showing what he's showing, and with Ross up Ireland's arse, + Ireland's admittance on national TV how miami is seriously lacking #1 and #2 WR threats. In fact, I'd bet if nothing happens to bring in a REAL #1 WR here in FA (FA is not as easy as it sounds - just observe the Eric Winston situation and many other examples), then WR would actually be the "favored" position to draft in round 1 for Ireland

He already knows its what the fans want, and the guy who's signing his paycheck wants. And what his young and promising QB wants. It's certainly a big possibility.
I've been saying over and over to get that elite pass rusher in the 1st. But, since Miami is starting to win games I think those top guys will be gone (Jones, Werner, Montgomery). Plus, like you said, we can't just assume that Mike Wallace or another top wr signs with the Dolphins. I think all signs are pointing to a wide receiver in the 1st round, probably Allen or Justin Hunter. Those are the two I think can be elite.

round
player
pos
school
notes
Milliner
CB
Alabama
2a
Skov
ILB
Stanford
2b
Fauria
TE
UCLA
from Indy
3a
Burkhead
RB
Nebraska
3b
Wheaton
WR
Oregon St
From Chicago
M Williams
DE
Kansas St

If possible, trade Thomas for another 4th rounder. Ideal partners IMO... Arizona or the Redskins.
I'll be honest, I'm not liking any mocks that don't bring Miami either an elite pass rusher or upgrade at wide receiver. That has to be the offseason focus. Saying that, Milliner is a darn good player and I like Skov as well.

James Gayle has the potential to be a significant value selection. And Cornellius Carridine could work himself all the way into the first round by season's end.

Back
Top Bottom