The Lions are waiving RB Kerryon Johnson | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Lions are waiving RB Kerryon Johnson

A lot of people simply see the name and remember what that player did a few years ago, without looking at his most recent form. With RBs we know that form often drops off a cliff never to return. There's a reason why DET are happy to move on.

I don't know, seems like you see a number of players that are cut from one team hat find a job with another team. I don't think it would be wise to not look at a player just because he's been released by another, seems like like you would be missing out on some players that can help a team's depth. Not saying Johnson would be a lock to make the roster or start, but I don't see a problem letting him compete with Gaskin, Ahmad, Brown and Doaks.
I am not stating that there won’t be a few players cut who the Dolphins should be interested in. I just don’t think the majority of players cut are good enough to make the Dolphins roster and they obviously weren’t good enough or they were too expensive to remain on the roster of the team that cut them.

In the case of Johnson it appears he wasn’t good enough and that is why the Lions cut him. I just don’t see him as being better than the RB’s now on the Dolphins roster and that is why I would not have an interest in seeing the Dolphins sign him. Yet it’s not my money and perhaps the Dolphins see Johnson differently then I do. So they will do whatever they want to do in regards to Johnson no matter how I feel about it. I have no issue whether they sign him or not.

The Lions cut him, and they suck. Why should he be able to help the Dolphins? Let the guys that are already there play behind a better line. The line coming together is going to improve the running game. Only Barry Sanders could look good behind a crappy line. Emmitt Smith Emmitt Smith, because he played behind a legendary line.
I remember it the other way. The line was considered a pretty major weakness before they drafted Emmitt Smith out of Florida. Suddenly, with him running the line looked like world beaters and All Pros. The chicken came after the egg!! I think our o-line finally has all the right players in all the right positions. The run game should be much better. I was hoping for Najee but maybe some FA will fall our way before the games are for real.

I am not stating that there won’t be a few players cut who the Dolphins should be interested in. I just don’t think the majority of players cut are good enough to make the Dolphins roster and they obviously weren’t good enough or they were too expensive to remain on the roster of the team that cut them.

In the case of Johnson it appears he wasn’t good enough and that is why the Lions cut him. I just don’t see him as being better than the RB’s now on the Dolphins roster and that is why I would not have an interest in seeing the Dolphins sign him. Yet it’s not my money and perhaps the Dolphins see Johnson differently then I do. So they will do whatever they want to do in regards to Johnson no matter how I feel about it. I have no issue whether they sign him or not.

One thing people should consider more - and I don’t care about this specific player in question - is team UNITS and not just teams.

For example, Miami is less likely to care about another teams castaway CB or WR where we have solid depth... we were bottom 3 in every statistical category for RB last season. You look to improve that unit.

If a team went 0-16 last season but were good/elite in 1-2 categories, it’s “ok” to kick the tires on a player who was part of a unit that performed for them. Just because we were 10-6 doesn’t mean it’s below us - Miami had some major weak points last season - running back being one of them - we should be open to considering every teams backs.

I would seriously ask Jacksonville what they want for Robinson. It’s simply stupid to draft a first round RB when you have a. 1000 yard guy. Maybe for a 4th/5th

At this point, unless something crazy happens, we go with what we have and reevaluate next year.

I think our running game will be better this year. Color me optimistic but I have a good feeling about Doaks.

Lions waiving who?

Kerryon Johnson you say?

Well, maybe the Bengals will waive Check-In Richard ... you know, just to give the ladies options.

Back
Top Bottom