The Lions receiving core or Ours? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Lions receiving core or Ours?

Valbon8 said:
I like the Dolphins more than the Lions because they have that speed receiver that the Lions don't really have. Another team that would have nice receiving core would be the Browns, but Winslow had to get in a motorcycle accident. If I'd take any core of receivers though, it would have to be the Colts.

Roy and Charles are pretty freakin fast, I don't know about that.

I agree with you about the browns. Edwards, Davis, and Northcutt are really talented, with Winslow and Suggs, backing them up. Thats serious speed.

Mufasito1124 said:
Damn id have to without a doubt pick the lions over the phins. Roy Williams is a top 10 reciever in this league and can make any catch. I also belive mike williams will come in and be the rookie of the year this year. the only downside is that charlie rodgers cant stay on the field for more than 2 games. And Kevin jones was a steal in he 2nd round.

Jones went 30th overall. But I do have to agree with you if Rogers can stay healthy I'd have to pick Lions over Phins, especially since we don't know what to expect from Boston yet.

If they were all free agents and I had the opportunity to sign them, I'd rank them like this - taking age, injuries, experience, talent and and any other determining factor into account:

1) Roy Williams
2) Chris Chambers
3) Mike Williams
4) Charles Rodgers
5) Marty Booker
6) David Boston

Tough choice, no doubt they're both full of talent...but I think our WR's are more proven then theirs...There WR's are younger but unproven...If you ask me right now, I think I'd take ours.

I would take the fins, toss out the RB and just look at the WR and TE
Chambers, Booker, Boston, Thompson, Gilmore... Other than Boston the Phins RECs stay on the field and avoid injury... They have, as a unit a lot more exp and by the way all are still, for the most part young... In 4 years the Lions will have the better Rec corp.

I'd take ours. Lions receivers haven't been staying healthy lately.

As of right now i would have to say the Lions. Roy is going to be one of the top WR's in the NFL. Mike will be an exciting player to watch when he has the ball in his hands. As for Rogers, if he can stay healthy, he will too be a really good WR.

Why even post such a question...forget the RB's though...their not receivers...anyone that says they would take Chambers Booker Thompson or Boston and Mcmichael over Williams Williams and (even i never thought much of him) Rogers and Pollard lying...which is totally understandable....they are our guys...but i think Chambers and Mcmichael are the ones pulling you to a bias vote due to their talent and likability because we've come know and like them. I actually wanted Mike Williams at the 2 spot. but looking past all of that...gimme roy and mike hands down.

Mike Williams is unproven.
Roy Williams had a good season last year.
Charles Rogers is in jeopardy of being called a bust.

I don't see how you can say it's a nobrainer.

We'll see this year when we actually have a viable offensive system. Also, injury has a large part...but if all are healthy, how can you overlook David Boston? He along with Chambers, Booker and McMike will be awesome...again it's all about staying healthy. But the best in the league has to go to the Colts. Honorable mention could be the Raiders.

South Florida said:
Who's got the better receiving core?

Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers, Kevin Jones & Marcus Pollard

or

Chris Chambers, David Boston, Marty Booker, Ronnie Brown & Randy McMichael

Or, if you think there's a better group that I didn't mention, which is it?
Lions....all very young with bright futures ahead of them.

Back
Top Bottom