The Lions receiving core or Ours?

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Who's got the better receiving core?

Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers, Kevin Jones & Marcus Pollard

or

Chris Chambers, David Boston, Marty Booker, Ronnie Brown & Randy McMichael

Or, if you think there's a better group that I didn't mention, which is it?

I'll take ours if they can all stay healthy. And hopefully one of our QBs can actually pass them the ball. That makes a big difference.

South Florida said:
Who's got the better receiving core?

Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers, Kevin Jones & Marcus Pollard

or

Chris Chambers, David Boston, Marty Booker, Ronnie Brown & Randy McMichael

Or, if you think there's a better group that I didn't mention, which is it?
If you just compare the Wide Recievers, I would give the edge to the Lions. As for Tight Ends, McMichael is hands down the better option. Ronnie Brown is a MUCH better reciever then Jones and has shown that consistantley at Auburn.

As for another team, I think Indianapolis could have the best WR corps in the league:

Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokley, Dallas Clack & Edgerrin James

Arizona Cardinals my friend

Anquan Boldin [100 catch pro bowl reciever]
Larry Fitzgerald [the closest thing to randy moss in terms of talent, no attitude]
Bryant Johnson [was a first round pick in 2003 but has started to play up to his potential...hes the #3 reciever but expect him to catch over 50 balls this year]

Buddwalk said:

Larry Fitzgerald [the closest thing to randy moss in terms of talent, no attitude]
Bryant Johnson [was a first round pick in 2003 but has started to play up to his potential...hes the #3 reciever but expect him to catch over 50 balls this year]
But if you include the TE and RB position, Edwards and Shipp are not that impressive in the recieveing department.

Buddwalk said:

Bryant Johnson? Have to heavily disagee with you on that one he is no Stokley or Williams or Booker.

If the Rams could pick up a decent tight end they'd have Bruce, Holt, Faulk, and somebody. Don't know who their #3 WR is though.

And not that it's all that important, but "core" is actually spelled "corps."

"Core"

Like "Base"

"Foundation"

Also, I'm not too sure that Clark and James are any better than McMike and Ron.

Also, I'll take Booker or Boston over Stokely, and I'm sure Manning wouldn't mind that either.

Damn id have to without a doubt pick the lions over the phins. Roy Williams is a top 10 reciever in this league and can make any catch. I also belive mike williams will come in and be the rookie of the year this year. the only downside is that charlie rodgers cant stay on the field for more than 2 games. And Kevin jones was a steal in he 2nd round.

I like the Dolphins more than the Lions because they have that speed receiver that the Lions don't really have. Another team that would have nice receiving core would be the Browns, but Winslow had to get in a motorcycle accident. If I'd take any core of receivers though, it would have to be the Colts.

South Florida said:
"Core"

Like "Base"

"Foundation"
Yeah but that's not typically how the word is used in this context. A "corps" is "a body of persons acting together or associated under common direction." "Marine Corps" is the most common usage probably.

Back
Top Bottom