The "Long Ball" and our Coaches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The "Long Ball" and our Coaches

rickdogg75

Active Roster
Reaction score
I was traveling yesterday and thankfully missed a lot of this game. I did get to watch the end of the first half and most of the third in between flights.
Something I caught was the announcer (can't remember which one) said he spoke with Tannehill about being one of, if not the worst team in the league throwing the ball passed 20 yards. Ryan seemed surprised....Seriously?

Here is the scary part for me...Then he talked about speaking with our coach who said he felt Miami could expoloit the Patriots deep in this game and planned on taking shots - which they did much to the excitement of every Fin Fan everywhere in the world.

Here is my question to you all; So are we to believe the coaches believed the Patriots were the only team we've played so far this year (with 3 weeks left in the season, with Darelle Revis in their secondary) that could be beat deep? Or, did our coaches allow flack from the media determine their gameplan?

Either way, this is one of a hundred reasons I am all for a new coaching staff...I just don't get how a forum full of arm chair quarterbacks, a dozen announcers, and a bunch of very accurate statistics can all the say the same thing but our coaches don't pick up on it until week 100 of the regular season.

There have been so many times that receivers have been running deep down field and the edges collapse before Ryan can even think of throwing it. There are multiple problems going on in multiple fronts. With constant edge pressure coming from the right tackle's side, it's just made more sense to take the yards and not force the issue.

Back
Top Bottom