The "Man" Speaks (on DG and more - merged)

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
21,937
Reaction score
553
Age
17
Location
Maryland
On the D.G Situation

Q&A with Dolphins writer Alex Marvez

Q: Is there any truth to the rumor that the Dolphins may release Daryl Gardener? Jordan Levine, Scottsdale, AZ

A: No. The Dolphins would take a sizeable salary-cap hit and not have a starting end.

Q&A with Alex

I think I agree with this for this year
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
21,937
Reaction score
553
Age
17
Location
Maryland
Thanks Dol39..I was in the process on fixing the link after I noticed my mistake.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Thanks Dol39..I was in the process on fixing the link after I noticed my mistake.
np - this is a real juicy Ask Alex - almost sounds like he was answering questions from our board since he is going over so many key subjects in addition to DG - like moving Dixon over to LT or Wade over to LT, signing a WR vs. Burnett, etc.
 

VanDolPhan

Starter
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Originally posted by dolphan39
np - this is a real juicy Ask Alex - almost sounds like he was answering questions from our board since he is going over so many key subjects in addition to DG - like moving Dixon over to LT or Wade over to LT, signing a WR vs. Burnett, etc.
Admit it Dolphan39. You have multiple emails and bombard Alex with questions every week :p
 

Dajesus

Starter
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
4,542
Reaction score
739
Age
42
Location
Albany, NY
What is everyone's thoughts on Alex? I think he is very informed, but he never goes out on a limb or tries to find the story before it happens. Like in his Q&A he always picks the easiest to answer questions, he is far more informed then the average fan, but anyone of us could answer those questions. Even Dave gives us more info on the rumor mill. I am not bashing Alex at all, but i would just like to see the biggest Dolphin reporter break more stories.
 

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
4,165
Reaction score
28
Location
Anchorage, AK
I don't think he knows anymore than what we learn in here. A lot of that seemed to be his opinion. BUT what do I know?
 

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
25,552
Reaction score
5
Age
53
Location
your six
I think that Marvez's column is the first time I have heard that Galyon looks sharp so far. That would be good news. We signed him to be a starter but injuries have killed him....I would like to see him healthy and pushing our starters.
 

minus

Perennial All-Pro
Hammered
Joined
Mar 2, 2002
Messages
4,510
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Location
Miami
Originally posted by Dajesus
What is everyone's thoughts on Alex? I think he is very informed, but he never goes out on a limb or tries to find the story before it happens. Like in his Q&A he always picks the easiest to answer questions, he is far more informed then the average fan, but anyone of us could answer those questions. Even Dave gives us more info on the rumor mill. I am not bashing Alex at all, but i would just like to see the biggest Dolphin reporter break more stories.
I agree ...
 

VanDolPhan

Starter
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Originally posted by Dajesus
What is everyone's thoughts on Alex? I think he is very informed, but he never goes out on a limb or tries to find the story before it happens. Like in his Q&A he always picks the easiest to answer questions, he is far more informed then the average fan, but anyone of us could answer those questions. Even Dave gives us more info on the rumor mill. I am not bashing Alex at all, but i would just like to see the biggest Dolphin reporter break more stories.
As someone whose future job lays in the MMORPG market I think I might be able to explain that one.

Basically Alex doesn't want to rock the boat. He will give his opinion up to a point and avoid topics that might not help his credibility with the players and topics that may just be rumor fed. His job is to write about the phins for the fans. So he's got to play both sides or he won't keep the job so to speak.

Kinda how my life works at the moment being stuck between having a job soon with a company but still doing volunteer work between the company and it's fans. I know stuff that would certainly cause a lot of discussion in the general community however I also know it could at the same time be aware of the fact the company may not want that information known at that time.

Hope that makes sense as it's 7:41am PST and I am just converting myself to work graveyard shifts at work. Not fun :)
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by VanDolPhan


Admit it Dolphan39. You have multiple emails and bombard Alex with questions every week :p
maybe Alex is hiding behind another id at finHeaven ;)
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Alex does a great job at Q&A, but that is not something I would expect him to go out and spend lots of time on.

I am glad here agrees with me on this one
Q: Will Ricky Williams be the every-down back or will Travis Minor retain his role as the 3rd-down back? Jon Worden, Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: Good question. My feeling is that Williams will be on the field for third downs from inside four yards and that Minor would be used for any third downs longer in distance. Regardless of Williams, the Dolphins should find a way to get Minor on the field.
:D
 
Top Bottom