The Many Lives Of Nick Buoniconti On Hbo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Many Lives Of Nick Buoniconti On Hbo

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Brothers if you haven't seen this on HBO, please check it out if you can. Very good. A funny part was when Coach Shula was giving Dick Anderson a real ass chewing, and Nick went up to Shula and told to go **** himself! Coach Shula went up to Nick and told him don't you ever tell me to go **** myself again.

Saw it when it first came out. Excellent show! It's hard to see him in his current state. That being said, I didn't like the part talking about him coming out of the stands and getting in Marc's face and screaming obscenities at him. He was a demanding father (person).

Saw it when it first came out. Excellent show! It's hard to see him in his current state. That being said, I didn't like the part talking about him coming out of the stands and getting in Marc's face and screaming obscenities at him. He was a demanding father (person).
It was a very real perspective. Could you imagine the football coach on the field with Nick and Don in the stands? My wife really enjoyed it as well. You won’t have a dry eye after watching this.

I'm not going to watch it. Buoniconti disappointed me and everyone else in my family when he got involved with the tobacco industry, including a disastrous appearance on 60 Minutes. This was very early, while some of his former teammates were still with the Dolphins.

I'm sure that stuff is covered in documentaries like that. I prefer not to watch because I'm sure I'd remember how we felt. I had just lost three grandparents over a 4-year period due to lung cancer and issues apparently related to smoking, or accelerated by smoking.

I'm not going to watch it. Buoniconti disappointed me and everyone else in my family when he got involved with the tobacco industry, including a disastrous appearance on 60 Minutes. This was very early, while some of his former teammates were still with the Dolphins.

I'm sure that stuff is covered in documentaries like that. I prefer not to watch because I'm sure I'd remember how we felt. I had just lost three grandparents over a 4-year period due to lung cancer and issues apparently related to smoking, or accelerated by smoking.
That was in this doc, and they even had excerpts from the 60 Minutes interview from 1985. I never knew this about Nick before watching this. It’s certainly disappointing.

Understandable, if it makes you feel better he has come out and said he regretted that interview.

Last edited:
HBO is going away?
Like thousands and thousands will be doing in a week, I'm sure he means dropping it from his programming due to Game of Thrones being over.

P.S. Not caught up on GoT due to new house/travel, but I remember 2 years ago I had HBO on DirecTV from a promo and cancelled it after the show's final ep that year, I didn't even get it out of my mouth on the phone and the customer service rep knew why I was calling. Sounded disappointed because every call that morning was the same.

Like thousands and thousands will be doing in a week, I'm sure he means dropping it from his programming due to Game of Thrones being over.

P.S. Not caught up on GoT due to new house/travel, but I remember 2 years ago I had HBO on DirecTV from a promo and cancelled it after the show's final ep that year, I didn't even get it out of my mouth on the phone and the customer service rep knew why I was calling. Sounded disappointed because every call that morning was the same.

I am a hair away from canceling DirecTV altogether. Interestingly, I'll keep HBO. Too much good stuff coming down the pipe. Deadwood, Watchmen, The Irishman, etc.

Back
Top Bottom