The masochistic coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The masochistic coach

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=ratto_ray&id=1719236

It's a semi-funny editorial concerning Norv taking the new job. I thought it summed up what most everyone is thinking right about now concerning Norv.

I had to look up the word "loopy" at the end. There's is no definition in my dictionary. I guess it's slang. :lol:

Is the guy refering to "loopy" as in loophole (a way of evading a rule) when he refers to Norv as a "great loopy bastard"?

Re: Zod lOOPY is like the spanish term "loco"

Originally posted by GazPhin
...not diesel engine but "madness".

What's the derivative? Where does it come from? I don't think I've ever seen it in print. I might have overheard it in conversation but I guess I haven't paid it much attention. Again, where does it come from?

On a side note...

What was that word they had a field day with in political circles a couple of years ago? I believe it was a latin word. Have we got that situation in the sports world now? :lol:

Excellent Article. Ratto is always a good read. Thanks.

And, I agree with him as well.

On "loopy" I think he's suggesting he's a bit drunk, out of kilter, dizzy ... as in, "I'm feelin' kind of loopy ..."

"Punch drunk" could be another description. He's got to be, to be willing to go into the ring again and open himself up for another beating.

i mean lets face it, he must be "punch drunk", he leaves an offense with all the right cornerstones in place, a young TE who is only 25 years old when the season starts and now is easily one of the top 5 TE in this league, he leaves a WR in Chambers who will be only 26 years old by the start of the season, who has all the tools to be a gamebreaker and finally he leaves RB Ricky Williams who will be only 27 years old and has shown what he can do, if given the ball, i still think norv turner is nuts, to waste a chance like that...

Anyone else pondering why Wayne "Hands off" H. is mentioned with the likes of Davis, and Snyder?

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi
Anyone else pondering why Wayne "Hands off" H. is mentioned with the likes of Davis, and Snyder?

I noticed that too. Either the author is misinformed or I am. My thinking is that Wayne got associated with that crowd by the dude for his "meddling" this past month. Wayne did stumble around the league looking for answers and thus we have Dan Marino. But when Wayne looks up in the stands and hears more than half of his 60,000 season tickets holders crying for change he had to react. So I don't blame him much for the "meddling".

He meddled by picking a new GM, and coaching staff? I thought that was his job as owner.... as far as I know he doesn't sit in on team meetings... and put in input to starting players or the general team philosophy. I think that reporter is WAY off base if he considers Wayne's actions over the past month as being on par with davis and snyder.

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi
He meddled by picking a new GM, and coaching staff? I thought that was his job as owner.... as far as I know he doesn't sit in on team meetings... and put in input to starting players or the general team philosophy. I think that reporter is WAY off base if he considers Wayne's actions over the past month as being on par with davis and snyder.

I agree but you have to cut the writer some slack too.

Check out the Miami front office lineup. What the hell does Eddie Jones do? Why was Wayne ever put in front of the microphone when it was plainly obvious that he wasn't prepared to answer the questions that would be put to him? There was a need in the front office for someone like Dan Marino. Someone who could talk about the full spectrum of football (business and team execution). I believe that is the reason for the authors ridicule of Wayne and the other owners.

Back
Top Bottom