The McShay 1.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The McShay 1.0

umpalu

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
No trades is his and Kipers rules, well Kipers rules lol. Penei Sewell went to Jests at #2.

3) Devonte Smith
18) Rashod Bateman

I don’t have every draft memorized, but I would venture a fairly secure guess that no team has ever drafted 2 WR in the first round of the same draft.

No trades is his and Kipers rules, well Kipers rules lol. Penei Sewell went to Jests at #2.

3) Devonte Smith
18) Rashod Bateman

I don’t have every draft memorized, but I would venture a fairly secure guess that no team has ever drafted 2 WR in the first round of the same draft.
We may need too, not many WR corps have as little talent as our current one. I wouldn't cry too many tears over this, think Bateman and Smith are good picks.

I've actually given this some thought but I just dont think it'll happen. I would be stunned if we didn't sign a WR in FA and if we do that were getting a guy that we see as a #1 and at worst a #2 WR. We already have DVP who most see as a #2 masquerading as a #1 and then if we sign 1 in FA theirs just no way we go WR with both 1st rounders.

I do however want to get at least 2 WRs in this draft. I think our best option is to go 1 WR in round 1 and 1 in round 2. Plus if we drafted 2 WRs in round 1 when contract time came around we would almost certainly have to let 1 walk byt that's assuming they both played up to potential as well.

Not going to happen, but that would be a good combination.

I have zero problem with this unless Najee is a must have. I think Bateman, Marshall or Olave have a better shot of being there for pick 2A then Najee.

McShay is worse than Kiper.

Last year at the senior Bowl he called Jason Strowbridge a possible 1st rounder.

I have zero problem with this unless Najee is a must have. I think Bateman, Marshall or Olave have a better shot of being there for pick 2A then Najee.

I love Najee, but the more mocks I do the more it seems like taking a RB as high as we would have to for Najee screws us for WRs we need. We can get better RBs in the mid rounds than we can WRs according to the mock machines. So I'm leaning towards two Receivers with those first two picks including a trade down from 3. Ideally Smith and Pitts, Toney with 2a and J Williams with 2b. I honestly don't care about anything other than skill O positions in this draft. Think I will make this my sig :)

We may need too, not many WR corps have as little talent as our current one. I wouldn't cry too many tears over this, think Bateman and Smith are good picks.
Parker, Williams, Wilson, Hurns, and Gesiski aren't exactly chopped liver...

You can still draft two WRs without short-changing the ability of the WRs on the roster.

Parker, Williams, Wilson, Hurns, and Gesiski aren't exactly chopped liver...

You can still draft two WRs without short-changing the ability of the WRs on the roster.

Relying on availability of these players is what got us into trouble this year.

Relying on availability of these players is what got us into trouble this year.
This is the NFL...under a pandemic.

Injuries happen and fearing for one's safety happens.

I'd depend on those player's availability before I depend on the production of 1st rounders who haven't played a down of NFL football. Look no further than our 1st round haul this past draft.

This is the NFL...under a pandemic.

Injuries happen and fearing for one's safety happens.

I'd depend on those player's availability before I depend on the production of 1st rounders who haven't played a down of NFL football. Look no further than our 1st round haul this past draft.

Preston Williams, Albert Wilson and Parker all have a history of not getting through 16 games in non pandemic. Gesicki has zero chemistry with our QB and Hurns is very meh. But ok let's repeat the same mistakes dude.

Preston Williams, Albert Wilson and Parker all have a history of not getting through 16 games in non pandemic. Gesicki has zero chemistry with our QB and Hurns is very meh. But ok let's repeat the same mistakes dude.
Yeah...let's put all our eggs in the basket with our 1st rounders like we did this year with Tua, Jackson, and Igbo...

Talk about repeating mistakes....

Yeah...let's put all our eggs in the basket with our 1st rounders like we did this year with Tua, Jackson, and Igbo...

Talk about repeating mistakes....

Tua had a good year 6-3. Jackson played almost the full season at a reasonable level. Iggy was a waste of a first round pick on a developmental prospect, not that this has anything to do with the point we are discussing but nice attempt at a deflection.

If we don't come out of FA and the draft with at the very least 2, probably 3 starting receivers (WR and TEs) then it will have been a colossal fail at giving our young QB the talent he needs. If we are relying on the motely crew you mention we will never get anywhere with this offense.

Back
Top Bottom