The McShay 1.0 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The McShay 1.0

Tua won ONE game...the AZ game.

Stop it...:shoo:

The Defense won the rest of those games. Tua just didn't LOSE them. Hell, I blame the defense for the Denver loss. Had they not played well in the 1st half, Tua may have been pulled earlier and we probably would have won.
šŸ˜… Really?

That Arizona game...The Bengals game with little receiving weapons...The Patriots game with no real receiving weapons...The Chargers game where he was more instrumental in his team succeeding, then Herbert....

šŸ˜… Really?

That Arizona game...The Bengals game with little receiving weapons...The Patriots game with no real receiving weapons...The Chargers game where he was more instrumental in his team succeeding, then Herbert....

Is why we were 10-6. Don't keep lying to yourself and say that Tua is the reason.

images

Tua is gonna be our QB next year. If you come in here every day and shoot off 95 ā€œTua sucksā€œ messages, itā€™s gonna be a tough *** year for you. Just lightened up for your peace of mind man.
Then hopefully he won't have a chance to complain about our QB after we get him everything he needs to make him better. But if you think a couple of shiny new toys at WR and a preseason camp will do it then that is hoping for a lot, I will cross my fingers.

Tua is gonna be our QB next year. If you come in here every day and shoot off 95 ā€œTua sucksā€œ messages, itā€™s gonna be a tough *** year for you. Just lightened up for your peace of mind man.
You tell him Rowdy :NANA:

Taking two WRs early in what has been described as a deep class is the very definition of wasteful. There will be some very talented WRs fall into the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds.

We have more needs than just WR and BPA is still a thing.

Taking two WRs early in what has been described as a deep class is the very definition of wasteful. There will be some very talented WRs fall into the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds.

We have more needs than just WR and BPA is still a thing.
Good point. We probably have enough to go BPA for the early rounds at least. This is the year Grier is going to earn his money. With players not getting enough exposure, there may be some hidden gems out there. Not to mention, we coach the Senior Bowl, so that could help identify some guys also.

Good point. We probably have enough to go BPA for the early rounds at least. This is the year Grier is going to earn his money. With players not getting enough exposure, there may be some hidden gems out there. Not to mention, we coach the Senior Bowl, so that could help identify some guys also.
There is just SO much depth in this WR class. For instance, a lot of people were VERY high on Nico Collins before he opted out. He is 6'4" and truly looked like he would be a first or second round guy... now, I bet he falls into the 4th or later. Terrance Marshall probably slides into the 2nd round. Tamorrion Terry is another big, fast WR who didn't produce in this screwed up, covid season on a poor team, but might really bloom with the proper coaching... and again, he's going to likely slide into the third day of the draft. There are more...

Given the tendency of so many WRs to be over or under drafted based on college hype... I'm willing to dumpster dive a bit after we take one for-sure guy. Yes, we NEED to bring in a couple of guys... maybe even three of them... but we don't HAVE to do that early when the pool is so deep and so many guys had their season wrecked this last year due to the situation within this country with covid.

I think one thing is for certain in this year's draft, there is more pressure on our scouts than ever before. Players opted out this year, they declared early without a solid body of work to judge them on and in general made it much harder than normal to evaluate talent for this year's draft.

It will be interesting to see if we stick with Grier's philosophy of 'I'd rather have 3 good players than 1 great player' or if we take great players because there is less risk.

One thing will be certain, if we hit on our draft picks this year it will be a testament to the ability of our scouting department.

Back
Top Bottom