The Miami Dolphins 2020 free agency strategy and why fans should be excited — and wary | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins 2020 free agency strategy and why fans should be excited — and wary

Gotta love the 2019 failed free agents. As if Mills, Walford, and Allen were brought in to do anything.

Tackle is a solid option, but maybe Wisconsin's center also

Tua, Jeudy, OL would be a solid 1st round

Or if Jeudy is gone, we could get Ruggs instead, maybe a pass rusher and OL

I think QB with 1st pick is easy - they go Tua or Hebert - either one looks good so far.
Next 2 picks you have to strengthen the lines - OL and DE.
I think after QB the rest of the draft has to be fixing DE and OL and then hope a DB and WR fall and we can get a steal. Please no RB's or TE's at all!! If we can fix the OL between the draft and FA the offense all of a sudden changes big time. We need a new BIG center badly.

Tackle is a solid option, but maybe Wisconsin's center also

Tua, Jeudy, OL would be a solid 1st round

Or if Jeudy is gone, we could get Ruggs instead, maybe a pass rusher and OL

I want Wirfs and Biadasz....After trading down with Pittsburgh’s pick...Sign Brandon Sherf in free agency and you got a smashmouth line.

Didnt the Jets have 100+ mil this past offseason? They got Leveon, CJ Mosley, Trumaine Johnson, Jamison Crowder, and OL: Osemele and Khalil.

How is their season looking? Trending up or down? I'll be the first to say they really overpaid a few of those guys. Mosley is making QB money, which iz ridiculous, and we all know Lev Bell is a mini AB diva.

If Grier/Ross/Flores don't get it right, they could **** us up by buying typical overpriced, underperforming expensive FAs next season.

Really stupid article I found today from a Titans Beat writer saying they should trade Marcus Mariota for a 2nd and Josh Rosen because Marcus Mariota can provide a spark to Dolphins offense. LMAO what a joke!

Here are some possible trades that could benefit both teams involved.

Miami Dolphins
• Dolphins receive Marcus Mariota.

• Titans receive the second of the Miami Dolphins second round picks and Josh Rosen.

Miami sends Rosen instead of quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick because of the contract situation. Rosen is under a first-round contract for the next two seasons, and Fitzpatrick will move on after the season. The Dolphins will then use Mariota as a spot starter until their new rookie quarterback is ready to take over the offense.

Really stupid article I found today from a Titans Beat writer saying they should trade Marcus Mariota for a 2nd and Josh Rosen because Marcus Mariota can provide a spark to Dolphins offense. LMAO what a joke!

Here are some possible trades that could benefit both teams involved.

Miami Dolphins
• Dolphins receive Marcus Mariota.

• Titans receive the second of the Miami Dolphins second round picks and Josh Rosen.

Miami sends Rosen instead of quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick because of the contract situation. Rosen is under a first-round contract for the next two seasons, and Fitzpatrick will move on after the season. The Dolphins will then use Mariota as a spot starter until their new rookie quarterback is ready to take over the offense.

no

This board will sprain their wrists slapping Grier on the back after he finally finds himself a “starter” on the offensive line with $100 million and a dozen picks in the first 2 rounds over the next few years :lol:

This board will sprain their wrists slapping Grier on the back after he finally finds himself a “starter” on the offensive line with $100 million and a dozen picks in the first 2 rounds over the next few years :lol:

This is true, but I kind of like how Grier is trying to ham with 4 first rounders on his line (Wilkins, Harris, Taco, Nkedmiche) and then build from there after seeing who is worth any weight.

The defense actually played pretty well this past weekend with all bums or no names in the lineup. I was pretty impressed with Flores getting that production out of them.

This is true, but I kind of like how Grier is trying to ham with 4 first rounders on his line (Wilkins, Harris, Taco, Nkedmiche) and then build from there after seeing who is worth any weight.

The defense actually played pretty well this past weekend with all bums or no names in the lineup. I was pretty impressed with Flores getting that production out of them.

I mean I suppose I see what you’re trying to do there - but I just don’t agree with it. I think Dak playing greedy made the defense look a lot better than it was. They had no respect for Miami. The best and most expensive player got bent over all day by my boy Coop.

As for the 4 stooges you listed there, I don’t believe you have even one player among them. Maybe a half a player in Wilkins. The rest are just the Dolphins being the Dolphins.

I mean I suppose I see what you’re trying to do there - but I just don’t agree with it. I think Dak playing greedy made the defense look a lot better than it was. They had no respect for Miami. The best and most expensive player got bent over all day by my boy Coop.

As for the 4 stooges you listed there, I don’t believe you have even one player among them. Maybe a half a player in Wilkins. The rest are just the Dolphins being the Dolphins.

Not going to argue, X got destroyed. Not sure if he didn't watch tape or had amnesia. He was biting everytime Coop sunk his hips for a cut. Completely owned X.

This is probably the worst roster I have ever seen in NFL history. I don't know if Belicheck could win more that 4 games with these bums. Its impossible to judge Flores right now.

The only player on offense that seems to actually have any legit potential to me is Preston Williams. Everyone else is sauce on offense. Maybe Drake could be a good third down back and I likes Gaskins a lot.

We're not going to be major players in free agency this off season. We'll sign a few 2nd Time free agents to fill holes, no big contracts to weigh us down and focus on the draft. Next off season will be a different story. Still won't be a very good team but, we'll start to see a foundation being built.
Some of you are here and don't sound like Dolphins fans. This rebuild, for us fans, is more than about cutting, trading and signing the right players. It's also about cutting off the dead weight in our fans, as well. Getting rid of the whiners and crybabies boohooing our every move. Get over yourselves. This is a much needed burn down and rebuild. If you don't have the balls for it, go be a patriots fan. They should make you happy.

There are so many holes, and those FA aren't actually going to hit the market. They are going to overpay for mediocre talent. Grier set this franchise back 5 years with his terrible management.
No, we won't overpay for free agents next off season.

Free agency is not going to be exciting without Tannenbaum. And that's the way it should be. ****ing bum.

Back
Top Bottom