The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why

I think you touch upon a very important point, Dajesus: most Dolphin players reach their peak in popularity before they ever play a down for us. Having so many new players is probably helping out all the local optimism.
If Landry played for a different team and put up the same numbers as he did for us and we just signed him, this forum would be over the moon with excitement.

If Landry played for a different team and put up the same numbers as he did for us and we just signed him, this forum would be over the moon with excitement.

"Even though Miami lost Amendola and Albert in free agency -the first of whom never shined with the Dolphins as he did with Tom Brady in the playoffs (probably because Miami never got there in the first place), and the second who boasted speed but lacked a WR polish-, there is great optimism in Miami as the Dolphins are bringing in one of the very best slot receivers in the league to take their place in Jarvis Landry. Sure, he will cost a little more, but in the mind of the fans his superior quality will be well worth it and might even help them take that long awaited next step. The optimism is only bolstered by the new DE, new T, new G, new CB, new K and new TE, all of whom will surely be stars. Mike Tannenbaum, of course, returns to lead the charge".

I'm not even mad, it's just funny how fans' minds work

I think the arrow is going up. I think most do. I just think some of us think this year won't quite be a playoff year, and that we're another year away. Some very promising pieces in there, but also a number of question marks. I'd also ask - where are the blue chippers? I think most playoff teams have a blue chipper or two. Can we currently say Miami does? I don't think so. Maybe Minkah will be, in a year or two. Maybe X takes the leap this year.

Is there anyone on offense? Not in my opinion. Maybe Drake can take that leap, although I doubt it - he could be very good, but not quite blue chipper.

Gesicki - how often do rookie TEs come in and make a huge impact? Genuine question. I know Gronk did, but do many? I'd have said not too many, but I'll bow down to any info anyone has on that.

People talk about losing Suh like it doesn't matter, and they say "Oh, but the D wasn't good with him anyway". Well, yes, it wasn't. But he's a complete and utter blue chipper. So, imagine how bad that D would have been without him? We have Raekwon and Minkah coming in there in the backfield, and yeah, they look great. But they're both essentially rookies, so we have to expect mistakes. We have massive question marks on the DL - if Phillips can make the leap, great. But if he's the same inconsistent guy we see every year, then what?

DEs - Wake can't go forever. Quinn - we don't know what we're going to get from him. Charles Harris will need to up his game considerably this year etc.

I'm just pointing out that .. there are both a lot of question marks, and a lot of inexperience on this Miami team. I see growth, I see an actual plan when putting the roster together, and I see so much cause for optimism. But ... I see playoffs in one more year, rather than this one.

I hope I'm wrong! But just because someone doesn't think the team is making the playoffs this year doesn't necessarily mean they're not optimistic.

Well said!

"Even though Miami lost Amendola and Albert in free agency -the first of whom never shined with the Dolphins as he did with Tom Brady in the playoffs (probably because Miami never got there in the first place), and the second who boasted speed but lacked a WR polish-, there is great optimism in Miami as the Dolphins are bringing in one of the very best slot receivers in the league to take their place in Jarvis Landry. Sure, he will cost a little more, but in the mind of the fans his superior quality will be well worth it and might even help them take that long awaited next step. The optimism is only bolstered by the new DE, new T, new G, new CB, new K and new TE, all of whom will surely be stars. Mike Tannenbaum, of course, returns to lead the charge".

I'm not even mad, it's just funny how fans' minds work

That’s hilarious...so true! Fanatics

Sitton/Kilgore is better than Bushrod/Pouncey any day of the week and Quinn over Branch is a large upgrade

Why do people do this lumping of players as a net gain/loss? What if Miami kept Pouncy and signed Sitton......whoaaaa, mind blown!

Last edited:
Why do people do this lumping of players as a net gain/loss? What if Miami kept Pouncy and signed Sitton......whoaaaa, mind blown!
Sorry, I thought we were talking about what happened in the real world. I was comparing the two(only) changes on the O-line, which I'm pretty sure was the original subject

Yes, you can lose a record breaking WR and improve the group and production. You simply have to look at the context of that production -- how were those record breaking catches gained? How was the offense run in said production? Did said WR have to be schemed open and force fed? Did said WR win off the LOS and physical skill -- or something else? Huge questions that aren't answered from a stat sheet.

I loved Landry on this team but not especially how the team used him and ran the offense through him at times. He's definitely not worth the money given by Cleveland -- pure numbers. Anytime -- no matter the name on the jersey -- a pro team runs its offense through a 4.6+ slot WR, that offense is going to limit itself in explosive plays, spacing, running game, etc.

Miami is going to be more explosive this year with Gesiki, Grant, Wilson, Stills, and, to lesser degree, Parker. And I also like Gray. Intrigued by Smythe.

TE and WR is looking REAL in Miami, friend. With health, Miami will miss Landry a lot like they missed stuff the two times Cleveland took *productive* WRs from Miami. Which is to say, not much at all.

LD

Now apply those conditions to Amendola or Wilson in the slot...the net result is a loss or a downgrade. It’s so odd to me that people argue this. My only conclusion is that they’re just too dialed into being a fin fan.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about what happened in the real world. I was comparing the two(only) changes on the O-line, which I'm pretty sure was the original subject

Isn’t the original subject,

Here's why:

Because Dolphin fans are always hyped on their squad in the summer. I've heard we're gonna be a 10+ win team every year for the past... every single year I've been on this board. The year we went 1-15 people were saying 9-7 haha.

And in 2016, most said we would win 3 games. It goes both ways. haha.

Isn’t the original subject,

Does this ring a bell?
OL and DE aren’t better spots either. I can tell you exactly which way WR will go...
That's when we started talking.
It's ok, I understand why you would want to change the subject from that

In all seriousness, this OL is a revolving door and will be over the next 2-3 years.

Back
Top Bottom