The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why

Sitton is a upgrade, and sadly it takes this franchise to get a 30+ yr old FA to solidify its line. As for Kilgore, his value is still unknown, but Pouncey ability to get to the 2nd level was still a nice luxury the team counted on last year.

The team is in transition...again. Which should temper expectations...or not.

Also totally ignoring the fact that the Dolphins' best blocking TE had reached retirement age and getting Gesicki, who is not known for his blocking, fills that seam threat and redzone target from the TE position that the Dolphins have lacked for years.Hey but go ahead and try to use them drafting two TEs as some out of left field excuse for Pouncey's poor run blocking. Whatever works for you.

It did take this franchise over a decade to actually address the TE position with some talent.

Fasano being a number 1 during his first stint in Miami was .... loco.

Miami has struggled to put a viable athlete at TE since McMichael.

It did take this franchise over a decade to actually address the TE position with some talent.

Fasano being a number 1 during his first stint in Miami was .... loco.

Miami has struggled to put a viable athlete at TE since McMichael.

Yes, I loved seeing them finally seriously address the TE position in the draft. They needed to add some top end talent at that position.

I understand that TEs can play a role in both run and pass blocking. Still doesn't change the fact that Mike Pouncey wasn't a good run blocker in 2017. Also doesn't change the fact that he is no longer an elite center. We can go back and forth on here about that subject but that would be just pointless.

I will let his play on the field with the Chargers do the talking.

We can argue about how big a hole such and such position is, but in the end, this is what stands out the most to me. We're hoping for a bunch of players to emerge, but that's what bad teams do. They hope. Good teams already have their elite players.

Not entirely correct. Most fans hope their team will do well, weather or not their teams are good.

The vets we traded for and the free agents we have brought on board can be expected to play well at their positions. They may be a year older, but so are all the "elites" on the good teams you reference. The rookies are no different than other teams rookies. The point about "Good teams already have their elite players" is fine as long as you remember that those elite players did not occur instantaneously, but were either developed or brought in trade and are constantly being upgraded just as our team has been.

When I look at where we are today, I see a good team that now has "elites" in some places. The only limiting aspect is that the team, as it is now configured, is going to be using Gases' playbook at its full capability for the first time as opposed to the dumbed down versions required for the last 2 years due to limited personnel capabilities of mental ability or willingness to learn of some key players who are now gone. This may "take a second" to learn.

I saw what Gase did with the Dolphins in 2016 in getting a 10-6 record with the team he inherited. There is no reason I can see why we won't do better this year, due to having made so many improvements to the team with the vets we have brought in, the development of players from our last two draft classes and the potential of the players we have drafted this year.

Arguments about who is elite and who isn't I will leave to be argued. I've read many posts by folks who know the function of a players statistics but not the statistics value in the fabric of a team. I find it hard to give credit to those long term fans who feel we haven't had a good team in decades, since they are by their own admission, they are unfamiliar with what a good team is. In the last two years I saw a good team and a damaged team that was in transition.

10 wins if any kind of health -- not the decimating injuries to QB, OL, DL, LB and S.

It's not even arguable, imo, that Miami has the start of a real NFL roster, especially at skill positions, for the first time in forever. And, the arrow is also pointing up on TEAM -- chemistry and character. Lots of hard workers and leaders who will know playbook and film.

So what if national media can't see it. The only variable to a successful season is in the health side. No longer on the talent side -- which historically is Miami's weakspot. Drafting for years on some mythical, specious intangible and not measurable talent -- upside, explosion, playmaking ability, etc.

Arrow is going up for Miami, imo.

LD
I have been hammering for a 10 6 season as long as RT stays healthy. If not its on Gase. We basically accomplished this with Shula year in or out. The other positions with injuries I will not be as forgiving for excuses. My concern is our defensive coordinator and his ability to switch up or change up the defensive scheme. But thats on Gase.
I should mention in the same breath that we could be 6 10 if the coaching doesn't show up.

From the end of last year, clearly we're better at QB, deeper at RB and CB, better and deeper at OL, DE, and S. Worse at DT. LB, WR, and TE could go either way but even there they are deeper at all three. It's hard to see how overall we could be worse than last season unless Tannehill misses most of the games.
How exactly are we worse at LB? The only loss was Timmons and he was pretty terrible last year.

Davis is a liability? How do you figure he graded out very well and the tape supports that

Please include your source. I’m curious where you’re getting this grade?

Closest thing I found is from the Miami Herald saying he’s an ascendant player. But no actual support or grade to back that up. Everything I found says he’s a depth player. PFF has him in the 40%. Others may say he’s a bright spot or a big surprise. He’s certainly a big dude who showered versatility when thrust into 3 different positions last year. But these are all buzz words. I don’t think he’s bad; he has room to grow. I don’t see the grades that support these claims. I watched the games too. Even some film and I came away thinking that Miami was so bad that being mediocre was a bright spot...even acceptable by so many. Apparently it still is. I’m just not going to accept mediocrity as being special.

To win 10 a lot of things have to happen. No big injuries, Thill plays great, OL has improved play from both tackles, LBers develop, DL plays better than expected. Seems to be asking a lot.

Not entirely correct. Most fans hope their team will do well, weather or not their teams are good.

The vets we traded for and the free agents we have brought on board can be expected to play well at their positions. They may be a year older, but so are all the "elites" on the good teams you reference. The rookies are no different than other teams rookies. The point about "Good teams already have their elite players" is fine as long as you remember that those elite players did not occur instantaneously, but were either developed or brought in trade and are constantly being upgraded just as our team has been.

When I look at where we are today, I see a good team that now has "elites" in some places. The only limiting aspect is that the team, as it is now configured, is going to be using Gases' playbook at its full capability for the first time as opposed to the dumbed down versions required for the last 2 years due to limited personnel capabilities of mental ability or willingness to learn of some key players who are now gone. This may "take a second" to learn.

I saw what Gase did with the Dolphins in 2016 in getting a 10-6 record with the team he inherited. There is no reason I can see why we won't do better this year, due to having made so many improvements to the team with the vets we have brought in, the development of players from our last two draft classes and the potential of the players we have drafted this year.

Arguments about who is elite and who isn't I will leave to be argued. I've read many posts by folks who know the function of a players statistics but not the statistics value in the fabric of a team. I find it hard to give credit to those long term fans who feel we haven't had a good team in decades, since they are by their own admission, they are unfamiliar with what a good team is. In the last two years I saw a good team and a damaged team that was in transition.
Who are the elites? You say we have some in some places... Who?

This. I’m surprised that this many people are optimistic this early.

Why? This is the time for Dolphin fans to be optimistic because once the season starts reality sets in. I know I am looking forward to this year, we have so many more pieces than in recent memory, and I believe in Gase.

Back
Top Bottom