The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why

We can argue about how big a hole such and such position is, but in the end, this is what stands out the most to me. We're hoping for a bunch of players to emerge, but that's what bad teams do. They hope. Good teams already have their elite players.

Yeah like when the Eagles lost Wentz last year, they knew Foles, being elite and all, would take them to the super bowl. There was no hope involved in that right?

Yeah like when the Eagles lost Wentz last year, they knew Foles, being elite and all, would take them to the super bowl. There was no hope involved in that right?

Point is that some fans know little about their team and hope for the best. While some fans know a lot about their team and set appropriate expectations. It’s not being pessimistic to say certain players (like Davis) are just mediocre and lack the high end support to continue winning. While saying someone like Foles has the talent and surrounding support to continue winning games. It’s just being rational.

LD feeling good about this team is a good sign. For the years I've been on here, you've been down on the talent level of the Dolphins, and sadly, you have been right most of the time. I hope you are right again.

Sad, but true.

And I have to check myself now every morning to make sure it's me, lol.

Seriously, feeling good man, for the first time in a long time. Yes, there are some holes, but wow -- it feels like someone has finally turned on a light re: talent acquistion.

LD

I think the arrow is going up. I think most do. I just think some of us think this year won't quite be a playoff year, and that we're another year away. Some very promising pieces in there, but also a number of question marks....

I'm just pointing out that .. there are both a lot of question marks, and a lot of inexperience on this Miami team. I see growth, I see an actual plan when putting the roster together, and I see so much cause for optimism. But ... I see playoffs in one more year, rather than this one.

I hope I'm wrong! But just because someone doesn't think the team is making the playoffs this year doesn't necessarily mean they're not optimistic.

That's a fair take because there are holes and question marks, no question. However, it's the first time in a long time that in many places, where there is a question mark, there are players on the roster related to that question mark that have talent and upside -- not mere Tannenbaum crystal ball mediocrity mythos projections.

I can get on board with your take -- just on the cusp of playoffs, and then next year actual playoff success.

I just happen to be a little more positive, which is rare for me, lol.

LD

For a guy who played tackle for most of the year that's pretty dang good. He will only get better. But i understand you like being pessimistic

Like I said, people accept mediocrity. It’s not special and it’s a recipe for being average. It’s why I expect 8 wins. This team is full of mediocre talent, sprinkled with above and below avg players. The elite talent is young and few and far between. I’m optimistic for an improvement in 2019. I like the last 2 drafts but I dislike what they did in free agency. They freed up some cap space so that’s a bright spot going forward by signing aging vets that won’t be around 2-3 years from now. It’s going to hold them back and this build will be slow moving. They’re 2-3 years away from a SB at best.

Now apply those conditions to Amendola or Wilson in the slot...the net result is a loss or a downgrade. It’s so odd to me that people argue this. My only conclusion is that they’re just too dialed into being a fin fan.

Here's the thing: You are projecting a net loss in offensive production simply because of the loss of Landry. Miami did more than one thing in replacing Landry, including drafting a real TE (which Landry de facto replaced many times, in the middle of the field), and also acquiring two legit slots, plus upgrading Grant, etc. My position is that it's inarguable that what Miami did overall with the whole receiver group will more than replace Landry. Offensive production will be higher this year from WRs and TEs and backs, overall -- AS A GROUP, which helps the team. Mark it down.

I'm telling you ahead of time that this will be the case, if RT stays healthy and the group as a whole stays healthy.

And I'd even be willing to make you a friendly little wager on that, if you are willing!

LD

Point is that some fans know little about their team and hope for the best. While some fans know a lot about their team and set appropriate expectations. It’s not being pessimistic to say certain players (like Davis) are just mediocre and lack the high end support to continue winning. While saying someone like Foles has the talent and surrounding support to continue winning games. It’s just being rational.

And some fans have audaciously anointed themselves as an authority on the knowledge base and expectations of fans with respect to the team that they support.

Here's the thing: You are projecting a net loss in offensive production simply because of the loss of Landry. Miami did more than one thing in replacing Landry, including drafting a real TE (which Landry de facto replaced many times, in the middle of the field), and also acquiring two legit slots, plus upgrading Grant, etc. My position is that it's inarguable that what Miami did overall with the whole receiver group will more than replace Landry. Offensive production will be higher this year from WRs and TEs and backs, overall -- AS A GROUP, which helps the team. Mark it down.

I'm telling you ahead of time that this will be the case, if RT stays healthy and the group as a whole stays healthy.

And I'd even be willing to make you a friendly little wager on that, if you are willing!

LD

Here,Here.

Some of us actually believe losing Landry within itself is a net gain. (Like Adam Gase)

Signed him for what amount and who do we already have? If it's for what he currently got, this forum would rip Tannenbaum another new one.
If we traded two fourths for Ajayi and Landry this forum would proclaim we're winning the superbowl.

Ajayi was addition by subtraction and the proof is in the pudding. Our running game drastically improved when he left. Ajayi didn't give a dam about film study and had a very bad attitude

It did take this franchise over a decade to actually address the TE position with some talent.

Fasano being a number 1 during his first stint in Miami was .... loco.

Miami has struggled to put a viable athlete at TE since McMichael.
Charles Clay? I know they didnt resign him, but he was very solid.

Ajayi was addition by subtraction and the proof is in the pudding. Our running game drastically improved when he left. Ajayi didn't give a dam about film study and had a very bad attitude
his ypc went from 3.4 with Miami in 2017 to 5.8 with the Eagles. It was our O line's fault, not his. We all saw what he could do when our line was decent.

Back
Top Bottom