The Miami Dolphins fanbase has some of the most absurd amount of reactionary ninnies | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins fanbase has some of the most absurd amount of reactionary ninnies

you guys make me sick!!! always complaining... anyway ill be here next week rooting for my team patiently

you guys make me sick!!! always complaining... anyway ill be here next week rooting for my team patiently

So we can't vent our frustration when we lose? We care a lot about our team, you know. What do you think we're all doing hanging out on this board? :tongue:

Who said his arm would fall off? So getting a mobile QB....that isn't mobile was smarter? GEEZ.

Brees was the smart choice....the Dolphins just were too cheap...and chose wrongly.

Well, actually if you consider there is something called a salary cap, maybe paying a fortune for a QB that might not have played this year (Yes, that was the rumor at the time, in case you forgot), or maybe never be the QB he was in San Diego,not taking him might not have been that bad a move. All it takes is a big contract on an ineffective player, and your team goes down for the count for a few years unable to get players due to cap space.

Saban took the info he was given, and did what seemed like the smart move at the time. At the time, I was in Brees over Culpepper fan, but I also thought it was the smart move considering the info, and no one could predict the way it went.

Not making any sense must be yours then. This thread has no point to it what so ever, and you come off like you have some kind of beef with the the Phinz fans in general. What else is one to think when reading the thread title??...

Wait a minute, this thread was about what again??....

1. First off, you call out the fans to get everyone's attention to the thread. Good move there....

2. You bring up other new NFL coaches, and how they differ from Saban based on our QB play. Ok, now there's another aspect of this thread that has nothing to do with it's title. You're on a roll!!!...

3. You start whining about how if we had signed Brees, with this "same team", we'd be in the playoffs right now. Hey, now there's something relevent to the thread title!!....YOU WHINING!!!....:sidelol:

4. Then off into another direction playing the "defensive card". Yeah, thanks for reminding us how great our defense played this year, we almost forgot...:rolleyes:

5. To close it all out, you call out the medical staff, and say "had they felt this way"....blah blah blah... Zzzzzz. Other than being completely irrelivant to our situation today, another quick change in direction of the thread title....

If confusing people was your intention regarding this worthless thread, you've certainly succeeded in my opinion.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Wow, you truly have problems following a simple point such as this? Most unfortunate..

Let me lay it out for you.

1. Fans and the media hyped up the season due to SABAN's offseason moves.
-Underlying Point: Since they hyped these moves, they likely would have done the same at the time.

2. Fans and media cry foul when those same offseason moves do not pan out.
-Underlying Point: The same moves they hyped as superbowl moves in the offseason do not work, but, in hindsight, they say that those moves were all crap.

3. A team's performance is a direct correlate of QB play. If a QB move doesnt pan out, the team's performance will follow suit. The "Genius" coaches have good QB play while the "OMG THEY SUCK" coaches have poor QB play.
-Underlying point: Saban had 2 options this offseason to correct the problem in a satisfactory manner for this season: Culpepper or Brees. He went with medical opinion of his staff, yet the move backfired. Fans still fault him, and would have either way, had the result been poor, but at the time, both were "good" moves. Keeping GUS FREROTTE as starting QB without addressing the gaping hole at the position would have been the WRONG move "at the time"..

Bottomline: Fans are reactionary. Two years of average play (NOT ABYSMALLY AWFUL play) is already enough for a good chunk of them to throw the entire coaching staff, organization, and plan off into Biscaine Bay.
Underlying Point: If this organization were to listen to its fans every time they pop off at the mouth, it would be an organization in constant turmoil much like the modern day Oakland Raiders.

Well, actually if you consider there is something called a salary cap, maybe paying a fortune for a QB that might not have played this year (Yes, that was the rumor at the time, in case you forgot), or maybe never be the QB he was in San Diego,not taking him might not have been that bad a move. All it takes is a big contract on an ineffective player, and your team goes down for the count for a few years unable to get players due to cap space.

Saban took the info he was given, and did what seemed like the smart move at the time. At the time, I was in Brees over Culpepper fan, but I also thought it was the smart move considering the info, and no one could predict the way it went.

Culpepper isn't playing for nothing....and next year it will be for alot more. The 49ers had far worse cap problems....yet they survived and became alot younger....sorry...I don't buy the salary cap as a reason to pick a QB that has a serious knee injury...and hasn't done anything in two years...a real reason to not pick a QB like Brees.

Saban chose wrongly....he listened to the wrong doctors...and we are paying for it now.

Other than your not knowing what "reactionary" means (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/reactionary), I agree with you that the Fins would likely be in the playoffs, except for the quarterback play. I also agree that Saban did not become stupid overnight, that this team is in an evolutionary process that will end in Super Bowl contention before too long, and that Saban will be the one to take it there.

Now, please explain to me why I shouldn't be upset with Saban for not going for it on fourth and less than a yard from the 15. Question of character and faith in one's team.

Look no further than the Bills/Titans game... Jauron foregoed a game winning 30 yard field goal in order to go for it on 4th and 2.. They failed, and lost the season.. Fans of course persecute him for the move.

We hold Leon Washington on that last drive, and noone questions the FG.

Wow, you truly have problems following a simple point such as this? Most unfortunate..

Let me lay it out for you.

1. Fans and the media hyped up the season due to SABAN's offseason moves.
-Underlying Point: Since they hyped these moves, they likely would have done the same at the time.

2. Fans and media cry foul when those same offseason moves do not pan out.
-Underlying Point: The same moves they hyped as superbowl moves in the offseason do not work, but, in hindsight, they say that those moves were all crap.

3. A team's performance is a direct correlate of QB play. If a QB move doesnt pan out, the team's performance will follow suit. The "Genius" coaches have good QB play while the "OMG THEY SUCK" coaches have poor QB play.
-Underlying point: Saban had 2 options this offseason to correct the problem in a satisfactory manner for this season: Culpepper or Brees. He went with medical opinion of his staff, yet the move backfired. Fans still fault him, and would have either way, had the result been poor, but at the time, both were "good" moves. Keeping GUS FREROTTE as starting QB without addressing the gaping hole at the position would have been the WRONG move "at the time"..

Bottomline: Fans are reactionary. Two years of average play (NOT ABYSMALLY AWFUL play) is already enough for a good chunk of them to throw the entire coaching staff, organization, and plan off into Biscaine Bay.
Underlying Point: If this organization were to listen to its fans every time they pop off at the mouth, it would be an organization in constant turmoil much like the modern day Oakland Raiders.

We are like the modern day Raiders....old defense...crappy offense.

Look no further than the Bills/Titans game... Jauron foregoed a game winning 30 yard field goal in order to go for it on 4th and 2.. They failed, and lost the season.. Fans of course persecute him for the move.

We hold Leon Washington on that last drive, and noone questions the FG.

His kicker told him he couldn't make the kick....you forgot to add that the kick was into a strong wind.

His kicker told him he couldn't make the kick....you forgot to add that the kick was into a strong wind.

Ok, and it FAILED.. Maybe it would have failed with the kick, but again, its all hindsight.. Either way, as a coach, if a move doesnt work, YOU SUCK (in the fans' opinion).. REGARDLESS if it was the right move or not at the time.

No more than every thread on this forum created by our most beloved "reactionary ninnies"...

Dude, legitimate crticism isn't "reactionary." The coaching this season has been horrible. Saying it needs to change isn't "reactionary," it's reality. The QB play this season has been horrible. Saying our QBs aren't getting the job done isn't "reactionary," it's reality. Deal with reality, or if you won't, don't get mad at those who will.

Coaching has been horrible? Or was it execution?

I dont think you can truly make a case that coaching has been "horrible" or any worse than the coaching of other teams. As for QB play, that is the cruxt of my point. Yes, QB play has been bad, and that is why our "coaching" has been bad, because QB play effects everything! But, can I fault Saban for the issue? He TRIED to address the issue as best he could. Unfortunately, ALL of those moves backfired in a horrendous way. I cannot pin that on coaching.

Ask yourself, do you think that all of these games, with the same exact coaching moves and play selection, would have resulted in losses with better QB play? Would be sitting in the same position with satisfactory QB play? I simply cannot see that. The majority of our losses have come due to poor QB play. But Saban didnt stand there like Wannstedt and stick with JAY FRICKIN FIEDLER for 5 years.. He TRIED to upgrade. And I feel he will try again until he gets it right.

Ok, and it FAILED.. Maybe it would have failed with the kick, but again, its all hindsight.. Either way, as a coach, if a move doesnt work, YOU SUCK (in the fans' opinion).. REGARDLESS if it was the right move or not at the time.

I don't blame the Bills for trying...I do blame the play called.

Again...I for for one wouldn't have blamed Saban for going for the first down...it would have been a sign that the Dolphins REALLY wanted to win that game. After thinking more about the game....you really have to wonder if they did.

The game planning in the first half....the fact they take Harrington out and replace him with a rookie that has very little experience in real games....the lack of confidence or aggression in going for the first down....just makes you wonder.

Back
Top Bottom