The Miami Dolphins fanbase has some of the most absurd amount of reactionary ninnies | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins fanbase has some of the most absurd amount of reactionary ninnies

I don't blame the Bills for trying...I do blame the play called.

Again...I for for one wouldn't have blamed Saban for going for the first down...it would have been a sign that the Dolphins REALLY wanted to win that game. After thinking more about the game....you really have to wonder if they did.

The game planning in the first half....the fact they take Harrington out and replace him with a rookie that has very little experience in real games....the lack of confidence or aggression in going for the first down....just makes you wonder.

You honestly think coaches dont REALLY want to win? Come the hell on...

Best post by Blitz

Not making any sense must be yours then. This thread has no point to it what so ever, and you come off like you have some kind of beef with the the Phinz fans in general. What else is one to think when reading the thread title??...

Wait a minute, this thread was about what again??....

1. First off, you call out the fans to get everyone's attention to the thread. Good move there....

2. You bring up other new NFL coaches, and how they differ from Saban based on our QB play. Ok, now there's another aspect of this thread that has nothing to do with it's title. You're on a roll!!!...

3. You start whining about how if we had signed Brees, with this "same team", we'd be in the playoffs right now. Hey, now there's something relevent to the thread title!!....YOU WHINING!!!....:sidelol:

4. Then off into another direction playing the "defensive card". Yeah, thanks for reminding us how great our defense played this year, we almost forgot...:rolleyes:

5. To close it all out, you call out the medical staff, and say "had they felt this way"....blah blah blah... Zzzzzz. Other than being completely irrelivant to our situation today, another quick change in direction of the thread title....

If confusing people was your intention regarding this worthless thread, you've certainly succeeded in my opinion.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Your best post I've ever read on here! :sidelol:

Wow, you truly have problems following a simple point such as this? Most unfortunate....

Let me lay it out for you.

1. Fans and the media hyped up the season due to SABAN's offseason moves.
-Underlying Point: Since they hyped these moves, they likely would have done the same at the time.

2. Fans and media cry foul when those same offseason moves do not pan out.
-Underlying Point: The same moves they hyped as superbowl moves in the offseason do not work, but, in hindsight, they say that those moves were all crap.

3. A team's performance is a direct correlate of QB play. If a QB move doesnt pan out, the team's performance will follow suit. The "Genius" coaches have good QB play while the "OMG THEY SUCK" coaches have poor QB play.
-Underlying point: Saban had 2 options this offseason to correct the problem in a satisfactory manner for this season: Culpepper or Brees. He went with medical opinion of his staff, yet the move backfired. Fans still fault him, and would have either way, had the result been poor, but at the time, both were "good" moves. Keeping GUS FREROTTE as starting QB without addressing the gaping hole at the position would have been the WRONG move "at the time"..

Bottomline: Fans are reactionary. Two years of average play (NOT ABYSMALLY AWFUL play) is already enough for a good chunk of them to throw the entire coaching staff, organization, and plan off into Biscaine Bay.
Underlying Point: If this organization were to listen to its fans every time they pop off at the mouth, it would be an organization in constant turmoil much like the modern day Oakland Raiders.

That was much easier to understand. Now I know the point you were trying to make. You should have written that the first time, and not attacked the Phinz fan base with your thread title in my opinion. Maybe then you wouldn't have come off sounding so superior in criticizing the rest of us with this topic....

I was offended by the title of this thread, and then reading it made me even more angry because this thread was nothing more than a personalized rant of your own when all was said and done....

I felt like you were calling us out for ranting, and then going ahead and ranting on your own without shame. I'm sorry if I couldn't grasp the entire entity of this thread the first time around, but you went off into all kinds of various directions, and all within the same topic. I've said my peace, and I'm out....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Understood.. I just like the word "ninny".. :p

You honestly think coaches dont REALLY want to win? Come the hell on...

Hmmm...let me see...in this case....YES. I didn't see one player or coach that was mad...that they lost....in fact it looked like a love fest...after the game.

Culpepper isn't playing for nothing....and next year it will be for alot more. The 49ers had far worse cap problems....yet they survived and became alot younger....sorry...I don't buy the salary cap as a reason to pick a QB that has a serious knee injury...and hasn't done anything in two years...a real reason to not pick a QB like Brees.

The 49ers got a young QB in the draft with plenty of potential, Brees was a QB coming off a serious injury, that some were saying would effect his throw significantly. My problem is not just the salary cap, if Brees was healthy, then I would have no problem giving him that contract, but that injury was to big a cloud to ignore. Culpepper's Injury was also pretty significant, but according to many, he was already working pretty close to 80%, and worse case scenario was supposed to be the 3rd to 6th game, while with Brees there were many that said he might have to sit out the whole season.

Saban chose wrongly....he listened to the wrong doctors...and we are paying for it now.

He listened to the Dolphin doctors, the doctors that you should listen to if your are a sports franchise. What if the Dolphins had taken Brees, and it ended that they were right, everyone would have burnt Saban at the stake for going against his team's doctors. This is right now, a little Monday morning QBing. I wished that we had taken Brees with the info we have now, but at the time Saban took what he thought was the safer bet.

The 49ers got a young QB in the draft with plenty of potential, Brees was a QB coming off a serious injury, that some were saying would effect his throw significantly. My problem is not just the salary cap, if Brees was healthy, then I would have no problem giving him that contract, but that injury was to big a cloud to ignore. Culpepper's Injury was also pretty significant, but according to many, he was already working pretty close to 80%, and worse case scenario was supposed to be the 3rd to 6th game, while with Brees there were many that said he might have to sit out the whole season.

He listened to the Dolphin doctors, the doctors that you should listen to if your are a sports franchise. What if the Dolphins had taken Brees, and it ended that they were right, everyone would have burnt Saban at the stake for going against his team's doctors. This is right now, a little Monday morning QBing. I wished that we had taken Brees with the info we have now, but at the time Saban took what he thought was the safer bet.

I'm sorry...listening to the Dolphins Doctors was a joke....Andrews is the expert...and Andrews gave Brees a clean bill of health. Lets remember the Dolphins doctors also allowed Culpepper to play right away...and didn't watch him in his recovery....they were WRONG.

This isn't Monday morning QBing....it's reality....and the Dolphins knew that BOTH QB's had concerns....they just chose cheaply and wrongly. I'm not going to take the time to look at both QB's records before the injuries...but my guess is that Brees was doing far better last season than Culpepper was.

My main issue with Dolphin fans in general is the perpetual whineing for "Respect". This past off season was one of the worst for that I can
remember, then, look what happens....Those same fans write stuff they would've shot a reporter for saying.

That's the main thing I have issue with.

OTT, I figgure Miami fans are pretty much the same as others.

I think as fans we're all entitled to give whatever opinion we have on our teams' perfromance, whether it's bad or good. You praise them when they win & you criticize them when they lose. Now, the latter doesn't mean that you don't support them, it's a human reaction. No one likes their team to lose, even more so they way we've lost this season.

Do we as fans get absurd sometimes with our ramblings? Yeah sure, which fanbase hasn't when their sport teams do as aweful as we have in the last few years? It happens everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom