The Miami Dolphins ‘Got Next’ in the AFC East | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins ‘Got Next’ in the AFC East

Who’s the best team in the AFC East?

• Dolphins

Votes: 61 43.9%
  • Bills

Votes: 65 46.8%
  • Patriots

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Jets

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
As much as it pains me to say, that's the reality.

Brady's gone, but BB is still top shelf game planning, and guys coached to play complex, assignment sound football. The defense was #1 in both yds, and points.

On the other hand, the "O" wasn't statistically anything great, but they still managed to rank 8th in passing yards, 7th in points.

I threw up in my mouth a little bit while typing that................
How did BB do before Brady? Just saying....

The good news is, after the bye, NE averaged less than 22PPG. 34? against Cincy, not a good D. Other than that. meh. As long as they don't put Stidham in a have-to-score situation, maybe he'll suffice.
QB is definitely the wildcard here.

I think TBs physical skills were eroding, and they weren't elite to begin with. I think Tampa's going to have buyers remorse.

I wouldn't be suprised if BB came out run heavy early in the year to get the kid comfortable.

Last edited:
Remember they are talking about best chance at becoming a “dynasty” not who’s best set up for next season. Yes the bills are further along at this point then we are personnel wise obviously with more experience On the roster but I do agree.... we are better set to be a dynasty. QBs make teams and I’ll take Tua and his unknown potential over Allen and what we know he can do any day

Bellichick made the tough decision on Brady. I think he really wants to prove he can have success without him as well. That may be the only thing missing on his resume. Can he win without Brady?

I respect BB, but I don’t see him winning without Brady...this year. Their offense will most likely be the worst he has ever fielded in his time in NE. Their defense might get them past lesser teams, but I don’t see them beating teams like KC, BAL, SF and others they play this year.

Finishing order this year. Bills,Pats, us, Jets. Finishing order next year.us, Pats, Bills, Jets and that will be it moving forward. 1 more offseason and we have our dynasty.

New England does the best job of preparing for their opponents week after week. Even when they have glaring mismatches and personnel changes. It is a winning organization, it isn’t all the quarterback. Got to give them props for what they have done for the last decade.
They even taped the 0-11 Bengals - they take nothing for granted / leave no stone unturned!!!

I respect BB, but I don’t see him winning without Brady...this year. Their offense will most likely be the worst he has ever fielded in his time in NE. Their defense might get them past lesser teams, but I don’t see them beating teams like KC, BAL, SF and others they play this year.
I hope you are right. To support your point, Bellichick had one winning season out of seven in Cleveland. Of course, that was without a quality quarterback. NE went 11-5, but Miami won the division in 2008 when Brady was out with an injury.

Also working against Bellichick are the quality of teams in the AFC. KC isn't going away as long as Mahomes is healthy. I think Baltimore had one of the better drafts. That team is head and shoulders above the Patriots.

How far in the future are we talking? I think the Bills should be the team to bet in the East this year but within a season or 2 we should be competing for the division. Burleson is even claiming will run the AFC!

Right now I see the division finishing this way in 2020.
1.Bills
2.Dolphins
3. Patriots
4.Jets

The Bills may be the only team in the division with a winning record. I see the Dolphins and Patriots finishing around .500 with the Jets finishing with a slightly worse record.

Its the Bills as of right now. I think Brady and BB lose in this situation. TB should have retired, in no way do i see Tampa passing Brees and the Saints. Brady is 43 years old and Tampa has i believe at least 4 games on short turn arounds this season. BB with his huge ego went on without even attempting to replace Brady. Josh Allen might just be the worst Starting QB on the most Talented team in the East.

I fully believe Miami is and will be better than the Jets. They over spent on Bell after the guy sat at home for an entire year while holding out in Pittsburgh. New England WILL add a QB next season so its hard to say where they will be down the road. If Josh Allen corrects is Accuracy issues, the bills will be tough for years.

I hope you are right. To support your point, Bellichick had one winning season out of seven in Cleveland. Of course, that was without a quality quarterback. NE went 11-5, but Miami won the division in 2008 when Brady was out with an injury.

Also working against Bellichick are the quality of teams in the AFC. KC isn't going away as long as Mahomes is healthy. I think Baltimore had one of the better drafts. That team is head and shoulders above the Patriots.

IIRC, the Browns sucked until BB arrived, then sucked some more. In NE, BB inherited an average team and lead the team to 5? wins. Essentially, coaching his teams to about what they already were.
2001 was TB. we don't know what year he started cheating

Allen iwill hold back the Bills. Both he and Fitz had NE where they wanted them with the ball and game on the line. One succeeded one failed the one with the better team mind you. I don’t believe in Josh Allen until proven otherwise.

I know it’s fun to predict otherwise but we’ll probably split with all 3 teams next year. Yes even the Jets.

The Bills are probably a better team, but I sure don’t count the Patriots out in terms of winning the division.

Back
Top Bottom