The Miami Dolphins have drafted 14 players from the Florida Gators | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins have drafted 14 players from the Florida Gators

There's a few on defense that will get drafted.

Their abilities are not really being talked up but they're there.

Heh.
I feel like a lot of these hyped players from all these schools aren't going to go as high as they're being projected. Happens every year and teams don't go "chalk" and select these players we have to google lol

Trevon Grimes is a better player than a lot of folks realise, someone will get good value on him in the later rounds. He's similar in many ways to what we already have in Williams and Parker but he was a really good red zone option last year for the Gators.

Everyone knows about Pitts and Toney and they could both go first round. Trask will go in the mid rounds. The D this year in Florida was terrible, it's been getting progressively worse as talent has left to the NFL without being replaced, so don't expect many players to be drafted on that side of the ball. Wilson is the only one that really has any talent but the shoe throwing incident basically cost us any chance of making the playoffs and teams will find it hard to look past that.

Grimes is really solid, he’s a better version of Preston Williams. Gators defense was terrible last year I wouldn’t touch any of the defenders except maybe Slaton. Zachary Carter was a guy I would have had interest in late in the draft reminds me a bit of Ogbah/Lawson but he returned to school. Toney, Pitts, Grimes are the big 3. Stone Forsythe may be worth a flier very late or as a UDFA. He’s got the frame to be an NFL LT, his pass sets were solid, doesn’t do much in the run game and technique isn’t great. But he definitely looks the part of a developmental guy. He has the traits you can’t teach, length and size ( 6’7” 330)

Trask sounds interesting as a backup option in round 5 or later.
If people think Fitz just throws the ball up with a prayer just wait till they see Trask.

I don't mind guys like that being backups. It was really enjoyable having Matt Moore all those years knowing that he could come in and throw the ball over the top, instead of being relegated to 5 yard passes for a month if your starting QB gets injured (see Osweiler, Brock). Same with Fitz. At least before Trask had a couple predictable bad games down the stretch, he was being highly touted as a fringe early rd/QB of the future pick though. It would be a big fall for a guy being talked about as late rd 1 at points to fall to the 5th, but these things do happen.

I wouldn't want an earlier pick than that though.

Back
Top Bottom