The Miami Dolphins have the most horrible offensive coordinators in the league | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins have the most horrible offensive coordinators in the league

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
I want to be able to dive deep down to the root of the cause of everything as always. And here are my first few questions that we can all do our best
to answer objectively.

1. Who's idea was to implement this play calling system?
2. Who should be held responsible for this?
3. Why isn't this working for this team?
4. Are the players a driving factor to our play calling? (ex. qb that starts)
5. Would an elite qb change the execution of our Offense?

Your offensive line can't pass block or run block.

Bill Walsh and Air Coryell's lovechild could not look good calling offense for this team.

The OLine shortcomings limit EVERYTHING you do.
How about Joe Walsh and Chris Cornell's love child?

Your offensive line can't pass block or run block.

Bill Walsh and Air Coryell's lovechild could not look good calling offense for this team.

The OLine shortcomings limit EVERYTHING you do.

Yep, who in their right mind would want Davis and Jackson blocking for them. Both should be cut. Miami needs to fix this line in the offseason…Grier won’t

Nobody cares about offensive coordinators. I dont even know their names. They are paid peanuts. They are help. The position that gets paid $40 mil a year on offense is the QB. That's the person in responsible charge of the offense, all of it, the blocking, the running, the passing, the scoring, the preparation, all of it.

Nobody cares about offensive coordinators. I dont even know their names. They are paid peanuts. They are help. The position that gets paid $40 mil a year on offense is the QB. That's the person in responsible charge of the offense, all of it, the blocking, the running, the passing, the scoring, the preparation, all of it.
oz5e2c9b37.jpg

I want to be able to dive deep down to the root of the cause of everything as always. And here are my first few questions that we can all do our best
to answer objectively.

1. Who's idea was to implement this play calling system?
2. Who should be held responsible for this?
3. Why isn't this working for this team?
4. Are the players a driving factor to our play calling? (ex. qb that starts)
5. Would an elite qb change the execution of our Offense?

You'll likely get the emoji of a dead horse, but I'll make this quick. Posted elsewhere, it's not just the play-calling, but the philosophy. It's seeing a gameplan work and actually think the D won't adjust. It's running the WC when the passing game is smoking. All those are on the OC.
But, what part does Flo play? Is he telling Gods to be conservative in the RZ?
I think TT can do anything he's asked to do, but the OC and OL don't make it easy.
TBF, the embarrassment of the OL wouldn't make any OC's job easy.
Gods seems to be an adequate (replaceable) play-caller. Problem #1 = OL

Yep, who in their right mind would want Davis and Jackson blocking for them. Both should be cut. Miami needs to fix this line in the offseason…Grier won’t
Miami needed to fix the o-line BEFORE this season started. And when they saw in Week #2 that their attempt to upgrade the line failed and they realized that it was a huge mistake to rely on that bum Davis and rookies and 2nd year players with no veteran back-ups, they should have been on the hunt for Free Agent linemen. Having 5 average experienced o-linemen would allow them to open up the offense. Give Tua some time in the pocket, and Waddle could get open deep. Imagine what they could do with some decent run-blocking and a "real" RB#1.

Sorry, but this is not Year #1 of a rebuild where you're starting one or two young guys on the line and you expect them to struggle. This is Year #3, and you should already have a competent o-line in place. They should have several veteran linemen on the line to be on-field coaches for one or two young guys. Starting a rookie, three 2nd year players, and a below-average bum who is versatile (terrible at every position) is NOT a recipe for success. It takes a special kind of idiot to think that it would be okay to open a season with this o-line.

Miami needed to fix the o-line BEFORE this season started. And when they saw in Week #2 that their attempt to upgrade the line failed and they realized that it was a huge mistake to rely on that bum Davis and rookies and 2nd year players with no veteran back-ups, they should have been on the hunt for Free Agent linemen. Having 5 average experienced o-linemen would allow them to open up the offense. Give Tua some time in the pocket, and Waddle could get open deep. Imagine what they could do with some decent run-blocking and a "real" RB#1.

Sorry, but this is not Year #1 of a rebuild where you're starting one or two young guys on the line and you expect them to struggle. This is Year #3, and you should already have a competent o-line in place. They should have several veteran linemen on the line to be on-field coaches for one or two young guys. Starting a rookie, three 2nd year players, and a below-average bum who is versatile (terrible at every position) is NOT a recipe for success. It takes a special kind of idiot to think that it would be okay to open a season with this o-line.
Yea, starting to agree with the many of you that questioned why we stayed with our current RBs. Gaskin isn't to blame. Many bigger issues. But he certainly does little to cover up for other problems.

Back
Top Bottom