The Miami Dolphins have the most horrible offensive coordinators in the league | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins have the most horrible offensive coordinators in the league

The hard part of this process is going to be separating the Head Coach and GM from the decision to appoint the co-offensive coordinators (and I will go a step further in appointing a rookie OL coach to teach a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players).

If Flores and Grier survive they must hand over the offence to an experienced OC, someone with a track record of success. Add an established OL coach and a prober #1 RB and this team starts to perform much more consistently and at the very least you can evaluate everything much better.

You wonder how the current setup was approved....

Look at players they working with..plus flo be playing ball control offense...too kill clock in 2and 3 rd qts off game..

You needed to start this useless thread when this has been and still is being discussed to death in every other thread? Stop littering the board just for clicks and vying for attention.
Excuse me, I been here longer than you have. If I wanted clicks for fun I would create Tua threads for people's enjoyment. You sound like every other poster that bitches instead of having objective discussions.

Excuse me, I been here longer than you have. If I wanted clicks for fun I would create Tua threads for people's enjoyment. You sound like every other poster that bitches instead of having objective discussions.
I could care less how long you have been here, that means zero. And if that means something to you, then you should know not to litter and crap all over the forum. You are desperate for attention
And it looks like plenty others agree

Tua has the worst oline and the worst OCs...but his transcendent talent allows him to win the games all by himself...

INCREDIBLE!!!!!

The hard part of this process is going to be separating the Head Coach and GM from the decision to appoint the co-offensive coordinators (and I will go a step further in appointing a rookie OL coach to teach a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players).

If Flores and Grier survive they must hand over the offence to an experienced OC, someone with a track record of success. Add an established OL coach and a prober #1 RB and this team starts to perform much more consistently and at the very least you can evaluate everything much better.

You wonder how the current setup was approved....
It's not just the decision to appoint a rookie OL coach to teach a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players that is the major problem, but it's also the fact that they decided to rely on those rookies and 2nd year players to protect their young QB without having experienced veteran o-linemen on the roster to take over should the young guys not be able to handle the job. To make matters worse, when the entire world saw how bad Miami's o-line was, instead of getting replacements Grier and Flores just moved the same guys around to different positions. Also, I'll give them a pass in Year #1 for not drafting a RB #1, but they've had two more drafts since then with plenty of picks and they still won't get a good RB.

Basically, it all comes down to the actions of Grier and Flores when they saw that their rebuild wasn't working out as planned. They had every opportunity to at least attempt to fix things, but refused to do so. The o-line can't block, but they replace no one. (They did replace an injured Dieter at Center, so o-linemen were available!) The running game sucks, but they still go with Gaskin (who is decent but NOT a RB#1). And on a related note, instead of fixing the o-line and running game so that their young QB (and the entire offense) can grow and improve, they decide to limit the offense and settle for quick short passes and runs up the middle that mostly go nowhere. Every GM and HC makes mistakes, but Grier and Flores refuse to admit that they made mistakes and refuse to rectify them. This is why they should both be gone.

Last edited:
Nobody cares about offensive coordinators. I dont even know their names. They are paid peanuts. They are help. The position that gets paid $40 mil a year on offense is the QB. That's the person in responsible charge of the offense, all of it, the blocking, the running, the passing, the scoring, the preparation, all of it.

And just like that...the need for this thread was justified. There are at least four things factually incorrect with the quoted post.

What they did at the end of the first half was purely amateurish. It was a great indicator of how they think, and it wasn’t good. It doesn’t take Monday Morning Quarterbacking to see how wrong they were on that drive. Many of us could see it in real time. Very telling about how ill-equipped they are to coach up really good offensive football.

Back
Top Bottom