The Miami Dolphins’ looming decisions on two key defenders and where things stand | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins’ looming decisions on two key defenders and where things stand

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Linebacker Raekwon McMillan was the Miami Dolphins’ highest-rated defensive player last season, according to Pro Football Focus.

Defensive tackle Davon Godchaux produced more tackles within 2 yards of the line of scrimmage than any other interior defender in football in 2019.

But unlike teammates DeVante Parker, Jesse Davis, Allen Hurns and Jakeem Grant, neither McMillan nor Godchaux — to this point — has received a contract extension that would keep them off the unrestricted free agent market in the spring of 2021.

You're doing a killer job posting new threads!!! And yes we need to get these guys extensions, both are core pieces to this defense. Like the upside of both players coming off last season.

Linebacker Raekwon McMillan was the Miami Dolphins’ highest-rated defensive player last season, according to Pro Football Focus.

Defensive tackle Davon Godchaux produced more tackles within 2 yards of the line of scrimmage than any other interior defender in football in 2019.

But unlike teammates DeVante Parker, Jesse Davis, Allen Hurns and Jakeem Grant, neither McMillan nor Godchaux — to this point — has received a contract extension that would keep them off the unrestricted free agent market in the spring of 2021.

Both of these facts surprised me.

You're doing a killer job posting new threads!!! And yes we need to get these guys extensions, both are core pieces to this defense. Like the upside of both players coming off last season.
Thanks, news has been slow and were all thirsty for more after the draft, and FA period. Just trying to share whatever I see to scratch that itch we have. :cheers:

I wouldn't extend either one of these guys now. Let them play out this season and then evaluate if either one of them should be extended.

I’m not a fan of extending.....yet. let this season play out. Although I have good feelings about both these players how many times have we gotten screwed over the years handing out extensions and over payed contracts. Wouldn’t mind looking at it again mid season. Make these guys work for the prize

I think this could be McMillan's break out year, I just hope he improves his pass coverage, his biggest weakness. Godchaux has been solid but not spectacular, hopefully surrounding him with better talent will allow him to shine, could be a big year for both. Let's hope so...

Godchaux is a keeper in my view, McMillan still has to prove it to me.

Baker as well, he is a solid LB but I am not sure he is what Flores wants at that position.

NE(going all the way back to Tuna)has always preferred bigger LB's to lighter, speedier ones but we do not really know if Flores shares that view since they have not done much at the position to give us a clue.

I'd sign Raekwon early, and wait on Godchaux; see if Raekwon Davis moves the needle.

Davis should have an easier time due to the reluctancy of fans to re-enter the Raekwon the chef talk after exhausting it on McMillan...there I said it

McMillan is good but hes a two down player. How much can you tie up in someone that's going to be on the field less than half a game? I imagine hes going to get an offer but probably not one he wants to see and ends up testing the market.

Godchaux will price himself out if he has another good season. They already have his successor in Davis.

The Dolphins haven’t ruled out an extension for Raekwon McMillan, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald hears. It’s likely that the linebacker’s negotiations – like many around the NFL – have been held up due to the pandemic and uncertainty about the 2021 salary cap. However, the Jackson hears that the Dolphins appreciate what McMillan brings to the table and they’d be interested in continuing his stay.

Back
Top Bottom