The Miami Dolphins Need A Big Year From Pass-rusher Charles Harris | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins Need A Big Year From Pass-rusher Charles Harris

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Maybe he can turn it around under the new staff, but I wouldn't bet on it.:shrug:

USATSI_11893010_168386533_lowres.jpg

Even with only playing 347 total snaps in 2018 due to injury, Harris played more snaps than any other edge defender currently on the roster for the Dolphins. However, his performance overall for the year was suboptimal, as he ranked tied for 68th in pass-rush win rate at 10.8%, tied for 36th in pressure rate at 12.0%, 52nd in pass-rush grade at 63.6 and 78th in overall grade at 61.3.

As the 22nd overall pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, there were high expectations for Harris, and rightfully so, as his college numbers at Missouri were among the best in college football from 2014-16. During that period, Harris posted an elite 90.0 pass-rush grade ranking 16th among edge defenders, as well as a 17.1% pass-rush win rate and a 16.0% pressure rate that both ranked 19th.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ed-a-big-year-from-pass-rusher-charles-harris

A question of motivation.

Gase? He seemed to excel at alienating guys.

The best bosses don’t tell you to get better.

You get better on your own because the boss is worthy.

With Matt "Potato Head" Burke gone our defense can't help but get better..Harris should get better with Better Coaching as well as a better plan to use this Guy. We'll see soon enough.

Good luck with that.

This guy hasn't even "flashed" at times, leading me to believe that there isn't much there.

Hope I'm wrong, as I have nothing against the guy, but at that position, scheme doesn't have a lot to do with beating your man 1v1.

He has flashed but you'd have to be watching very carefully. Most of the time, when I keyed on Harris, he was being blocked out of plays or running somewhere nowhere near the football. He was totally lost in Burke's defense, but, so was everybody else. Flores is the exact right coach to light a fire under this guy and get him playing at a much higher level. Many of our players underperformed because the coaching was God awful from the HC on down. I'm pulling for him because the word out of camp is he's busting his tail and giving great effort. He'll be better, the question is how much better and what is the ceiling with this player? Stay tuned, we're going to find out.

Maybe he can turn it around under the new staff, but I wouldn't bet on it.:shrug:

USATSI_11893010_168386533_lowres.jpg

Even with only playing 347 total snaps in 2018 due to injury, Harris played more snaps than any other edge defender currently on the roster for the Dolphins. However, his performance overall for the year was suboptimal, as he ranked tied for 68th in pass-rush win rate at 10.8%, tied for 36th in pressure rate at 12.0%, 52nd in pass-rush grade at 63.6 and 78th in overall grade at 61.3.

As the 22nd overall pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, there were high expectations for Harris, and rightfully so, as his college numbers at Missouri were among the best in college football from 2014-16. During that period, Harris posted an elite 90.0 pass-rush grade ranking 16th among edge defenders, as well as a 17.1% pass-rush win rate and a 16.0% pressure rate that both ranked 19th.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ed-a-big-year-from-pass-rusher-charles-harris

I don't know Miami needs a "big year" from Harris, but he needs to step up his game. If Flores can scheme plays so the O has to worry about more than 2 DEs, that should help everyone's pass rush.

If he want another pay day he HAS to step up and play. Hopefully coaching will make a difference, that in part is what has always made the Cheatriots so good. They drill down on assignments, and to quote Yoda "do or do not, there is no try". He fishes, or he's out of paydays, maybe as early as September...

I don't know if Harris is the man or not... I do know he isn't the only player that hasn't lived up to his billing... It's easy to cherry pick a player and point out his flaws but I truly believe our issues across the board is poor leadership (coaching teaching and holding accountable) is the root cause of our issues....

How motivated can a man be when the coaches are ego maniacs and the schemes don't work day after day... week after week...season after season... If the student isn't learning then (in most cases) the teacher isn't teaching IMO... most of these players didn't get to the NFL by being a "JAG"..... they have skills and the coaches need to identify these skills (hopefully that's why the player is on a team) and scheme around the player... take advantage of their skill set... game plan with this in mind

My hope is we finally got it right with this staff and players like Harris will have an opportunity to really showcase their skill... players can "step it up" all they like but if the team is constantly breaking down around you it can wear out your "want to"...

It would be super cool if the offense could manage drives that allow the defense to rest a bit

Back
Top Bottom