The Miami Dolphins Need A Big Year From Pass-rusher Charles Harris | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins Need A Big Year From Pass-rusher Charles Harris

Remember when he got pancaked by that tightend? Several times last year.

Good times.

And? I've seen it happen to Wake, Taylor and Suh. This is football and that play happens all the time. What's your point?

And? I've seen it happen to Wake, Taylor and Suh. This is football and that play happens all the time. What's your point?

You saw Cam Wake pancaked by a tightend?

I would pay money to see that. I really would.

Maybe he ate some pancakes made by Michael Egnew one time is what you must mean.

Getting stonewalled by a tightend is forgivable but it happenning multiple times last year... I have never seen that and seems like a red flag.

How do you “scheme” a guy to be productive when he is slow, has poor mechanics, short arms and basically as NFL DLs go just isn’t any good? Here’s a wild prediction: he will have 2 sacks this year.

For everyone that is hoping he does better as a stand up, 34 pass rusher, may I simply ask why you think this?? Didn't he play DE in college? He's not fast, not twitchy, and I don't see him doing very well in coverage if ever asked to do that. I don't see him standing up making him better at setting the edge or stopping the run either.. just curious. I want to have optimism for the dude but just dont at all right now..

For everyone that is hoping he does better as a stand up, 34 pass rusher, may I simply ask why you think this?? Didn't he play DE in college? He's not fast, not twitchy, and I don't see him doing very well in coverage if ever asked to do that. I don't see him standing up making him better at setting the edge or stopping the run either.. just curious. I want to have optimism for the dude but just dont at all right now..

If those traits you mentioned are a fact (I don't honestly know) then there is ONE of the issues with this team … he was drafted in the first round in 2017... ( and did we trade up for him?) what are the scouts seeing that you and others are not?... how can this team move forward with that type of evaluation for talent?.... was he, like others, misused or not a good scheme fit? … how is it we keep making bonehead moves like this one? Who holds the scouting Dept. accountable... have the scouts been replaced? I don't get it.

My hope is he has enough talent to play and the coaches have enough wherewithal to game plan toward his strengths... But reading some of these posts tell me there are some on this site that should be working for the team... not saying the evaluations aren't accurate … I'm just HOPING he is at least good enough to play the position he has trained for and played for years...

We will see

Based on what Harris has demonstrated on the field so far in his career he's a bust.

I think we all kinda get that. The ONLY variance of opinion (IMO) is the "fact"

our coaching has sucked -- and that certainly translates to the development and

utilization of talent.

Don't think anyone in this discussion has visions of grandeur for Harris but

his NFL career may be salvageable if (???) the new staff is as good as we hope.

Beyond that -- there are a TON of players on the roster where the same equation applies...

2 Flippers Crossed!

BNF

This has never left my memory...and probably never will seeing as how I had the same reaction at the same exact time:

Thats the thing with the 2019 Fins, in order to have any kind of success, they need all sorts of improbable things to happen... Like Harris having a breakout year, a #2 starting corner popping out of nowhere, their LBs improving their coverage skills despite a non-existent pass rush... I know the popular argument is that Flores is going to "scheme" everything to perfection but that might be the most improbale thing of them all... The most glaring weaknesses on this team are at the most important spots when it comes to winning games... I almost hope it was done on purpose because if thats them trying to win games in 2019, well they suck at building football teams...

Waiting for Charles Harris to do anything of significance is like waiting on the Twilight Zone to appear and take us on a journey into football heaven!!! Nope, Not Happin!!!

Good luck with that.

This guy hasn't even "flashed" at times, leading me to believe that there isn't much there.

Hope I'm wrong, as I have nothing against the guy, but at that position, scheme doesn't have a lot to do with beating your man 1v1.
He hasn't shown much of that, has he....

Waiting for Charles Harris to do anything of significance is like waiting on the Twilight Zone to appear and take us on a journey into football heaven!!! Nope, Not Happin!!!
5d16de2967f87282067495.gif

I don't know if Harris is the man or not... I do know he isn't the only player that hasn't lived up to his billing... It's easy to cherry pick a player and point out his flaws but I truly believe our issues across the board is poor leadership (coaching teaching and holding accountable) is the root cause of our issues....

How motivated can a man be when the coaches are ego maniacs and the schemes don't work day after day... week after week...season after season... If the student isn't learning then (in most cases) the teacher isn't teaching IMO... most of these players didn't get to the NFL by being a "JAG"..... they have skills and the coaches need to identify these skills (hopefully that's why the player is on a team) and scheme around the player... take advantage of their skill set... game plan with this in mind

My hope is we finally got it right with this staff and players like Harris will have an opportunity to really showcase their skill... players can "step it up" all they like but if the team is constantly breaking down around you it can wear out your "want to"...

It would be super cool if the offense could manage drives that allow the defense to rest a bit
upload_2019-6-28_23-54-14.png

Back
Top Bottom